Glockmeister

Where to practice shooting my 12 gauge "Firearm"

I need recommendation for any indoor/outdoor range that will allow me to shoot my 12 gauge Remington 870 TAC14. It doesn't have a stock so this is probably not allowed in most gun ranges. 

Thanks in advance. 

50 minutes ago, Glockmeister said:

I need recommendation for any indoor/outdoor range that will allow me to shoot my 12 gauge Remington 870 TAC14. It doesn't have a stock so this is probably not allowed in most gun ranges. 

Thanks in advance. 

What area are you from? Do you have a hunting license? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Glockmeister said:

I am in Morris County. I don't have a hunting license but that is something I am also looking into, though I still need to get educated and trained since I never did any hunting in my life. 

You don't have to hunt to get a hunting license.

However, with a hunting license you can use one of state ranges such as Clinton.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bomber said:

You don't have to hunt to get a hunting license.

However, with a hunting license you can use one of state ranges such as Clinton.

Thanks for that info. I'll check online about the requirements for the hunting permit

1 hour ago, Glockmeister said:

I am in Morris County. I don't have a hunting license but that is something I am also looking into, though I still need to get educated and trained since I never did any hunting in my life. 

I live in Morristown. I got my hunting license just to use the range at Black River. I also joined Cherry Ridge with the stimulus money last year. It's a bit of a drive but I really enjoy the range there. If you're near me and want to check out Black River, we should try to connect. 

• Like 1

Wow good to know, I'm in Parsippany.  I called Cherry Ridge last week and I told them I wanted to sign up (which I will do this week). 

I am now reading about the hunting license requirements. I hope to have this completed asap and I will let you know. Thanks for the info. 

Just now, Glockmeister said:

Wow good to know, I'm in Parsippany.  I called Cherry Ridge last week and I told them I wanted to sign up (which I will do this week). 

I am now reading about the hunting license requirements. I hope to have this completed asap and I will let you know. Thanks for the info. 

The hunting license is all online right now, with exception to the live fire part. It's pretty easy and self-paced. I had no prior knowledge or experience with hunting and I was able to complete it easily. I used to live in Parsippany on Baldwin Rd! I also signed up for Cherry Ridge online, and their mandatory safety meeting is currently online as well. If you have any questions or need help, don't be afraid to reach out. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Glockmeister said:

Thanks in advance. 

Just curious whether your TAC-14 fits the criteria allowed on WMA ranges. 

https://www.nj.gov/dep/fgw/ranges.htm

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FairbanksRusty said:

Just curious whether your TAC-14 fits the criteria allowed on WMA ranges. 

https://www.nj.gov/dep/fgw/ranges.htm

It says firearms, not "rifles and shotguns" - Shotgun ranges say fine shot only - so bring your TAC-14, 590 Shockwave, whatever and shoot birdshot.  We've been there with game wardens and they don't mind at all.

• Like 1