1LtCAP

earpro

i'm not really sure where else to put this, so i'm dropping it hear.

i used to have walker razor earbuds. they were convenient to me, 'cause they served multi-purpose. ear protection, bluetooth for my phone, and they let me hear well on the range, all without having to have muffs clamping my head. i had em for a few years, and they just kinda wore out. used just my howard leight muffs for a couple years.

of late it's been annoying the poop outta me that the muff touches the rifle no matter how i position it for a good cheekweld. so i went looking for a set of those razors again. couldn't find em. i did however take a gamble on a set called isotunes. relatively inexpensive at about 140,  had good reviews so i ordered em.

i shot a course this past sunday. had these things in my ears for something like 4 hours. and ya know what? they were so comfortable i kept forgetting they were there. amplification was excellent so i could easily hear the commands of the instructors. reaction to the gunfire was significantly quicker than the old walkers, and i think even faster than the howard leights. they're rated at 26bd nbrr. i don't have any way to measure this. i feel they controlled the sound better than the walkers, but maybe about the same as the hl muffs. i haven't used them on a phone call yet, because these ear buds cut out a significant about of sound even without them being turned on. this requires changing the  inserts.....and i've been too lazy to this point.

if you guys like in-ear protection over muffs......these may be well worth a try.

this is of course my first impression as i've only used them the one time so far

• Informative 2