Lawnmower2021

Hankering for a shiny revolver...

Thinking of getting a wheel gun next. So far I've only fired my 9mm Beretta 92, which has comfortable grip and recoil for me.

I'm hoping to rent some revolvers if I get a chance. I'm a big fan of the Colt SAA design and considered things like the Ruger Single-Six/Ten.

Any first-time revolver recommendations? Is it worth getting a quality 22? Mainly looking for something pretty and fun to shoot. :D

For inexpensive single action fun I have heard decent things about the Heritage Rough Rider which is a .22.

I have an Uberti Cattleman which is a clone of a Colt 1893 - mine is chambered in .357 mag. It's fun to play with.

However, my Uberti sits in the safe most of the time. If you're looking for a revolver that you'll actually use look into a double action S&W or Ruger.

I have a Heritage Rough Rider chambered in .22LR, I do not have the Magnum cylinder for it. 

I find it very accurate and pleasing to shoot. If cosmetics are a priority for you, you may want to look at other manufacturers. Mine had some minor chipping in the finish right out of the box. It was the better of the two in stock at the time. All in all, I do not regret the purchase and think it is good value for what I paid.  

I had a free gun rental from RTSP for the mounth os OCT. Wanted something I never shot before as well. I went with a Ruger in .38. Was great shooting. Accurate, and fun. Lower recoile than I was expecting.  I troll the interwebs looking for a ruger single six or single ten all the time, just haven't found one at a good price. Good luck

I think I might try the Ruger Vaquero in 45 Colt if I get a chance... that sounds pretty cowboy to me. :D 

If I were to go 22, I would definitely go Ruger Single-____ but it is a lot harder to come by than I imagined. I figured it would be nice to get a 22 revolver and rifle for some easy shooting.

44 minutes ago, Lawnmower2021 said:

I think I might try the Ruger Vaquero in 45 Colt if I get a chance... that sounds pretty cowboy to me. :D 

If I were to go 22, I would definitely go Ruger Single-____ but it is a lot harder to come by than I imagined. I figured it would be nice to get a 22 revolver and rifle for some easy shooting.

RTSP in randolph had a bunch the other day. I think tey were askin $229.00... You can get em cheaper on-line. 

I went to my LGS to burn a permit on one of those cheap .22 revolvers and it looked and felt cheap to me.  They also had a Ruger Single Six in stainless steel with both the .22LR and .22 Mag cylinders. It was used but not a mark on it so I went with that one and I'm glad I did!

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

I went to my LGS to burn a permit on one of those cheap .22 revolvers and it looked and felt cheap to me.  They also had a Ruger Single Six in stainless steel with both the .22LR and .22 Mag cylinders. It was used but not a mark on it so I went with that one and I'm glad I did!

If you don't mind me asking how much you paid for it. I have been looking for one.