H2oVento

HOLSTER alien gear?

Looking for a Holster for my HK VP9, I have Kydex for my S&W ( came with the gun as a range kit). So I don't know if it a good one or not. Had a generic faux leather for the Glock but it mared teh gun over time. Anyone use Alien Gear Holsters? If not what do you use and how do you like it? My wife asked what I wanted for Christmass and I told her a Holster. 

I really hate Alien Gear holsters. I have a box filled with them. For Kydex holsters, I like BlackPoint Tactical, Bravo Concealment, and LAS Concealment holsters. BlackPoint takes a long time to get after ordering (months), the others are very fast. I have been using the Bravo Concealment and BlackPoint OWB holsters now that it is getting colder. In the warmer months I use IWB holsters.

What is your intended purpose and how are you securing it?  Paddle?  Belt?  

My preference is the Safariland ALS holster.  It has thumb break retention.  
https://safariland.com/products/model-7379-7ts-als-concealment-belt-clip-holster-34852

The GLS is nice as well
https://safariland.com/products/model-579-gls-pro-fit-holster-with-belt-clip-57900

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

I have the 7378 that I use for USPSA (and would use for open carry) and like that too.

https://safariland.com/products/model-7378-7ts-als-concealment-paddle-and-belt-loop-combo-holster-34851

40 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

What is your intended purpose and how are you securing it?  Paddle?  Belt?  

https://safariland.com/products/model-7379-7ts-als-concealment-belt-clip-holster-34852

The GLS is nice as well
https://safariland.com/products/model-579-gls-pro-fit-holster-with-belt-clip-57900

I have the GLS 579 for my Walther PPQ (similar to the HK, but better :D). My previous holster was a Blackhawk Serpa, which I liked, but it was an accident waiting to happen. I'm much happier with the GLS. 

We're all going to need IWB holsters sometime next year. :)

13 hours ago, ChrisJM981 said:

I have the GLS 579 for my Walther PPQ (similar to the HK, but better :D). My previous holster was a Blackhawk Serpa, which I liked, but it was an accident waiting to happen. I'm much happier with the GLS. 

We're all going to need IWB holsters sometime next year. :)

I also have a PPQ in .22. My fav plinker

The question about intended purpose is very important. My answers were based on the fact that I carry everywhere I go. Concealment is my #1 priority. The holsters I mentioned all conceal very well for me. The reason I don't like Alien Gear is that they are so bulky, they just don't work for me. I like a holster that is built for the specific gun, not one that is modular (too bulky).

49 minutes ago, Xtors said:

I like the Stealth Gear minituck for IWB and Safariland GLS for OWB. I had an Alien Gear but it's not as good as the Stealth Gear.

I think I use the same, although my Stealth Gear IWB is a “vent core”. Isn’t “mini tuck” a Crossbreed model?

Aliengear Cloak Tuck 3.5 is good for 4-5 o’clock concealment. I carry my P365 and Shield 2.0 with one and it works very well. I’m not a fan of modular holsters, so everything I have is made for a particular gun. For appendix, I don’t know, I’m not a huge fan of having a loaded gun pointed in that direction. With that said, I might try a T-Rex Sidecar at some point. For OWB, I’d recommend Safariland.

it really comes down to what you’re doing with it, as others have said. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Persona non grata said:

Aliengear Cloak Tuck 3.5 is good for 4-5 o’clock concealment. I carry my P365 and Shield 2.0 with one and it works very well. I’m not a fan of modular holsters, so everything I have is made for a particular gun. For appendix, I don’t know, I’m not a huge fan of having a loaded gun pointed in that direction. With that said, I might try a T-Rex Sidecar at some point. For OWB, I’d recommend Safariland.

it really comes down to what you’re doing with it, as others have said. 

I appendix carry my P365 in a BlackPoint holster during the entire summer. AIWB is the only way for me in hot weather. The gun disappears completely using AIWB, no oversized clothing needed. I just move it to the side when driving or sitting.

20 hours ago, JC_68Westy said:

I really hate Alien Gear holsters. I have a box filled with them. For Kydex holsters, I like BlackPoint Tactical, Bravo Concealment, and LAS Concealment holsters. BlackPoint takes a long time to get after ordering (months), the others are very fast. I have been using the Bravo Concealment and BlackPoint OWB holsters now that it is getting colder. In the warmer months I use IWB holsters.

Which Blackpoint model do you use for appendix IWB?