Displaced Texan

There is gonna be a fight!

57 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

They are taking the water to a Deer Park waste disposal site…that’s 200+ miles from here. 

I’d be more worried about the Deer Park wastewater contaminating the Ohio waste water! DP is full of petrochemical refineries. Treating and disposing of wastewater for them is just another Tuesday. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Displaced Texan said:

They are taking the water to a Deer Park waste disposal site…that’s 200+ miles from here. 

I’d be more worried about the Deer Park wastewater contaminating the Ohio waste water! DP is full of petrochemical refineries. Treating and disposing of wastewater for them is just another Tuesday. 

Please don't tell me my Deer Park Springwater comes from there!:unsure:

6 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

These two guys were fighting this morning in the backyard. 

I was surprised, the rut is long over, but entertaining to say the least. 

AB25E8A3-70F5-4106-BA38-1ED251BFA58E.jpeg

353292BF-EF72-46C5-9326-F7D3BC6ECDCD.jpeg

EDC79120-2DE3-4E29-B3EB-AB067BCAF9D4.jpeg

Probably had a hot doe in the area. If a doe doesn't get pregnant she will go back into estrus again in 28 days. Can have a 2nd and 3rd rut. 

15 hours ago, DaddyNick said:

Probably had a hot doe in the area. If a doe doesn't get pregnant she will go back into estrus again in 28 days. Can have a 2nd and 3rd rut. 

Reminds me of a girl who was very popular when I was at Lehigh Univ. during the mid-70's

Horizontal Holly was her name!!

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, gleninjersey said:

Who owns the "nice little grove of live oak trees" where there are "quite a few deer back there".  Asking for a "friend".

That’s owned by the community. They strongly frown upon hunting them! 

Sun City is actually on a game management program. We maintain a population of about 600 deer, they survey them every year, and when population gets above 600, they trap and remove animals as required. Currently our population is about 400-ish. 

Right now, we have a turkey problem. We have many reports of residents being attacked by some aggressive turkeys. My wife and I had a couple of Tom’s assault our vehicle while we were at a stop sign. 
I ran them off without incident….unfortunately they won’t allow me to do the needful, and make a pot of turkey gumbo.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

Right now, we have a turkey problem...
I ran them off without incident….unfortunately they won’t allow me to do the needful, and make a pot of turkey gumbo.

Doesn't the star on the hat of your avatar mean that YOU'RE THE SHERIFF ??

We have a year-round herd of 8-12 does in our little cul-de-sac in Morris County.  Most years we have two small bucks chasing them around every October.

Just one much larger buck has been strutting around our yard this year.  I woke him up on our side lawn, just a few steps from our house, when I was driving home last night.

1597187305_Screenshot2023-10-29at9_41_16PM.thumb.png.5cb132b7d383d6455e9ed3c9afc2eb48.png

• Like 1