silverado427

Anyone notice the storm that just rolled by

We had about a minute of thundering, And then "POW"  the gates of hell opened up.

It poured for about 15 minutes, Then  it hailed for about 5 minutes. And now the sun is shinning. 

It looks like I'll be cleaning my gutters tomorrow.

IMG_0516.jpg

We got the whole ball of wax in eastern monmouth, about five miles inland of Mon Beach.  It started slowly with distant thunder and fat raindrops, then the sky got dark.  That's never a good sign.  Wind, rain and pea sized hail for about 5 to 10 minutes, then, just rain.  What was strange was seeing patches of clear sunny sky towards the horizon.  I made the mistake of calling all clear too soon.  Five minutes after I went out, a second wave hit.  No hail, but crazy high wind.  It figures, I had literally JUST finished cleaning my yard.

Was out mowing and it rolled in quickly.  I did as much as I could but once the ligtning started I was done.  It stated raining pretty good shortly after I but mower away and went inside.  Very windy for a while as well.  No hail.

I thought today was supposed to be a nice day!  Oh well.

3 hours ago, 45Doll said:

Tornado warning on LI at 3:20. Here it was some pretty big lighting and thunder but only lasted about 10 minutes.

Was out visiting in laws in Northport LI....  it was bad....  hail wind lighting and tornado warning in Kings Park...lots tree limbs down...just got in to Vernon and left at 345

33 minutes ago, CAL. .30 M1 said:

Was out visiting in laws in Northport LI....  it was bad....  hail wind lighting and tornado warning in Kings Park...lots tree limbs down...just got in to Vernon and left at 345

Yeah. A few minutes after my post they broke in and overrode NCAA football coverage to talk about the storm/tornado path out there. Maybe I'll watch local NYC news tonight for a change. Can't remember the last time I did.

Like gleninjersey, I was mowing the lawn when it got dark and the thunder rolled in, I hate not finishing something once I start. After the third lightening strike I figured it wasn't such a good idea to be holding the metal handle of the mower so I brought it in the garage to wait it out. Once the heavy rain started I went and took a shower, did I mention I hate not finishing the job?