revenger

amazon ordering ?

Anyone else see a difference with the way you pay when ordering from amazon.

yesterday I went to order some supply's and when I went to the cart to check out I kept getting a message that I "have selected AFFIRM" as my payment method which I did not as I always use prepaid amazon cards for anonymity .  

There was no way to select pay with my card balance,   no phone numbers to call 

anyone else get this,  how to get around it.   this AFFIRM wants to charge you interest .

thanks 

Amazon Prime has been pissing me off lately. 

60% of my orders are either lost in shipping or seriously delayed. 
My wife’s orders…never late, and never lost. 

I think they have it in for me. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Displaced Texan said:

60% of my orders are either lost in shipping or seriously delayed. 

Not an Amazon problem, but since I don't think I've complained about it here yet...

About a month ago my flying club needed a rebuilt engine for our club Skyhawk.   We found what we needed at an engine shop in Illinois.  they shipped it out using the Fedex service for big stuff.

Fedex lost our engine.

I whined about this on one of the pilot boards, and learned of a similar case where UPS lost an engine for a repair shop a couple of years ago, and UPS lost another one for an individual about the same time ours disappeared.  That one was re-located and its' journey continued, until it was on the last-mile truck for delivery, when it disappeared again!

These don't just fall behind the seat of the truck and get overlooked; they're wooden crates in the 400 to 700 lb range.  They require a forklift in order to get lost.

One would immediately think theft, but no...Fedex found our engine after a couple of days and it arrived safely.  The one UPS lost a couple of years ago took two weeks to turn up, but it did.  The one lost twice this year turned up at a UPS depot in Phoenix after it was last seen out for delivery on the last-mile truck.   That one took a full month to arrive, but it eventually did.

We're all still shaking our heads at the incompetence.

3 hours ago, 10X said:

Not an Amazon problem, but since I don't think I've complained about it here yet...

About a month ago my flying club needed a rebuilt engine for our club Skyhawk.   We found what we needed at an engine shop in Illinois.  they shipped it out using the Fedex service for big stuff.

Fedex lost our engine.

I whined about this on one of the pilot boards, and learned of a similar case where UPS lost an engine for a repair shop a couple of years ago, and UPS lost another one for an individual about the same time ours disappeared.  That one was re-located and its' journey continued, until it was on the last-mile truck for delivery, when it disappeared again!

These don't just fall behind the seat of the truck and get overlooked; they're wooden crates in the 400 to 700 lb range.  They require a forklift in order to get lost.

One would immediately think theft, but no...Fedex found our engine after a couple of days and it arrived safely.  The one UPS lost a couple of years ago took two weeks to turn up, but it did.  The one lost twice this year turned up at a UPS depot in Phoenix after it was last seen out for delivery on the last-mile truck.   That one took a full month to arrive, but it eventually did.

when i've had engines shipped here, they come by dominion....i think that's the carriers name.

On 11/17/2021 at 2:45 PM, 10X said:

Fedex lost our engine.

What club are you a member of?