H2oVento

What can't you get or hard to find

Well there's the usual supermarket items and ammo. For unique stuff I'm going to say aircraft parts. At work it seems to be the cheaper expendable items that are harder to come by (bolts, screws, sealant, o-rings, etc) than the higher end electronic parts. I know my flying club waited 3 months for a constant speed prop to be overhauled. Conversely a newer upgraded one was given a 7-8 month turnaround time.

45 minutes ago, Sniper said:

No....... Not Bacon!!!!!!

....."Bacon lovers might be in for a sizzling surprise as pork supplies in cold storage tumble to an 11-year low as prices rise due to declining hog herds

The latest United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) pork data in cold storage as of Dec. 1 was approximately 399 million pounds, a drop of 4.1% from a year ago and now at the lowest point since 2010. 

"The drop came before the spreading omicron virus variant prompted slaughterhouses to slow down in recent weeks as more workers called in sick, further limiting meat production and likely keeping prices for the meat high," Bloomberg explains. 

Slumping cold storage has sent USDA bacon prices per pound (as of late December) to around $7.21, a record high and up 39% since the beginning of the virus pandemic. 

https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/bacon-shortage-us-pork-supplies-tumble-11-year-low

I've noticed bacon prices on the rise already.

50 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

was it really workers calling in sick with omicron, or is this a cover for them culling their herds during the initial panic over the virus?

This current wave may be milder, but it is tearing through places due to how contagious it is. Lots of places are experiencing lots of sick leave. 

Who's willing to convert to Vegan??  I'm not...

150 Meat Trucks Stranded At US-Canada Border As Protests Continue

....."The U.S. is Canada's largest export buyer for beef and Canada's largest importer supplier. Any disruption to the meat trade between both countries would have severe consequences for meat processors in Canada and consumers in the US. 

Days after the "Freedom Convoy" of truckers protesting vaccine mandates in Ottawa, the country's capital, protests are spreading to US-Canadian border crossings and furthering logistical headaches. 

Bloomberg reports 150 trucks packed with beef, bound for the US, are stuck in a traffic jam at the border at Coutts, Alberta, the Canadian Meat Council said. Since the weekend, a convoy of truckers has slowed processing times between Alberta and Montana. 

https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/150-meat-trucks-stranded-us-canada-border-protests-continue

10 hours ago, Sniper said:

Who's willing to convert to Vegan??  I'm not...

150 Meat Trucks Stranded At US-Canada Border As Protests Continue

....."The U.S. is Canada's largest export buyer for beef and Canada's largest importer supplier. Any disruption to the meat trade between both countries would have severe consequences for meat processors in Canada and consumers in the US. 

Days after the "Freedom Convoy" of truckers protesting vaccine mandates in Ottawa, the country's capital, protests are spreading to US-Canadian border crossings and furthering logistical headaches. 

Bloomberg reports 150 trucks packed with beef, bound for the US, are stuck in a traffic jam at the border at Coutts, Alberta, the Canadian Meat Council said. Since the weekend, a convoy of truckers has slowed processing times between Alberta and Montana. 

https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/150-meat-trucks-stranded-us-canada-border-protests-continue

No more happy meals?

• Crazy 1