H2oVento

What can't you get or hard to find

26 minutes ago, Bomber said:

I thought the 3.6 Pentastar was a good engine, no?

just like all modern engines.....they're fantastic. till they're not.

i personally don't care for those engines. they coulda kept the old 3.3 or 3.8 in those vans. both nearly indestructible.

28 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

i personally don't care for those engines. they coulda kept the old 3.3 or 3.8 in those vans. both nearly indestructible.

I had both, the 3.3 and the 3.8. Definitely good engines...

Now, on the other hand, the transmissions....

1 hour ago, 1LtCAP said:

just like all modern engines.....they're fantastic. till they're not.

Yep. I have a 3.3l Grand Caravan pushing 300,000 miles. Runs perfect and original transmission. Not looking forward to having get something else one day. 

They did have a long run for those engines early 90's to 2010 I believe.

1 hour ago, Bomber said:

I have a 3.3l Grand Caravan pushing 300,000 miles.

Wait.. are you admitting you drive a Caravan??  What does your hubby drive?  :mutley:

Only kidding.... I had a Caravan for many years, one of the most universal vehicles.

Hauled demonstration equipment for work, hauled the kids and dog, hauled camping equipment and Boy Scouts, hauled furniture and cabinets, even hauled 4x8 sheets of plywood and 8 foot 2x4s... inside with the hatch closed.

1 hour ago, Sniper said:

Wait.. are you admitting you drive a Caravan??  

Yes, and proud of it.

You forgot to mention hauling washer/dryer sets, refrigerators with room to spare.

I even fit a new 15 HP lawn tractor in one, and it was a shorter wheel base Caravan no less.  

SUV's are the 4WD equivalent of four door sedans with a hatch back.

I had a 2007 Chrysler Town & Country with the 3.8L V6 - the engine was solid.  Transmission not as much but they fixed/replaced that.  It had almost 200K Miles on it... Unfortunately the body wasn't holding up to the northeastern winters with salt/etc.  Sold it to another forum member for cheap and he's doing just fine with it.

Lead times for electronics are insane.  The chip shortage is outrageous.  Can't get a good Graphics GPU... Lead times for laptops/chromebooks is near 6 months now.  Network switches?  Some are over 1 year... 

3 hours ago, Bomber said:

Yes, and proud of it.

You forgot to mention hauling washer/dryer sets, refrigerators with room to spare.

I even fit a new 15 HP lawn tractor in one, and it was a shorter wheel base Caravan no less.  

SUV's are the 4WD equivalent of four door sedans with a hatch back.

and the 3.8 ones were relatively quick. i pummeled more than one tuner geek with mine.

19 hours ago, Sniper said:

Wait.. are you admitting you drive a Caravan??  What does your hubby drive?  :mutley:

Only kidding.... I had a Caravan for many years, one of the most universal vehicles.

Hauled demonstration equipment for work, hauled the kids and dog, hauled camping equipment and Boy Scouts, hauled furniture and cabinets, even hauled 4x8 sheets of plywood and 8 foot 2x4s... inside with the hatch closed.

I loved my grand caravan, so much so I went through 3 of them.   That thing hauled everything i threw at it.   I routinely had lawn tractors and snowblowers in the back, full sheets of plywood, appliances and more.   If i could have found a decent awd version I'd probably still have one.   With my f150 i still cant carry as much as i stuffed into those vans.  Towing a trailer was a different thing though...