CAL. .30 M1

Say no to the MIM

MIM isn't inherently bad, its a problem when it's not done right. 

They use MIM tool steel for trigger components even for high end ones such as giessele, and you rarely if ever hear people complain about their quality. 

But MIM definitely leaves the door open to poor quality parts. I have no doubts thats a MIM part, and its horrendous it would break considering its a low impact and stressed part.

• Agree 2

16 hours ago, JackDaWack said:

MIM isn't inherently bad, its a problem when it's not done right. 

They use MIM tool steel for trigger components even for high end ones such as giessele, and you rarely if ever hear people complain about their quality. 

But MIM definitely leaves the door open to poor quality parts. I have no doubts thats a MIM part, and its horrendous it would break considering its a low impact and stressed part.

That is kinda the point, unless it is done and done right - you can and most likely will have a failure.

So, between what I have on hand and the three parts I have to order, there will be no MIM parts left in this pistol

1 hour ago, CAL. .30 M1 said:

That is kinda the point, unless it is done and done right - you can and most likely will have a failure.

So, between what I have on hand and the three parts I have to order, there will be no MIM parts left in this pistol

Yeah except that also applies to the non mim parts. SA had a spate of slide crack at stress risers because they had metallurgical problems. The issue isn't mim the issue is QA. 

I mean ruger knows their shit inside and out with casting. Ruger's issues tend to be with engineering and process on new stuff, but they largely work once a new product is sorted out. And I can't recall their casting ever being an issue. 

• Like 1