sroc112

Is this upper NJ compliant?

1 hour ago, sroc112 said:

Yup i did eye the colt uppers on brownells but looks like all the front sight posts have the bayonet lug. Trying to avoid the hassle of somehow removing the lug.

The bayo lug is the easiest part to remove - I've dremeled one off and ground down the surface, then hit it with a blue pen to protect the bare metal.

• Agree 2

Just now, RUTGERS95 said:

not a single documented instance of commission of a crime using it pre or post law.  This law and the stock pin screams jury nullification

It’s a stupid law that makes absolutely ZERO sense. 

Just now, Displaced Texan said:

It’s a stupid law that makes absolutely ZERO sense. 

agree!  if i were on a jury for this I would say it's a law akin to black only water fountains whereas it's an immoral, wrong, and undue burden on the liberties of man

Totally seperate question since we are on the topic of legality: and my apologies, as mentioned i have been out of the loop a while. Off the forum and not in the market for new guns over the last couple years. 

Regarding magazine - is it legal to own the hex mag ar magazines that are a 10 round capacity in a 30 round shell? Since they come directly from the manufacturer structured to accept only 10 rounds? I know wording in current ban states it must be permanent and a pin is not acceptable. Not exactly sure how hexmag restricts them to 10 max.

41 minutes ago, sroc112 said:

Totally seperate question since we are on the topic of legality: and my apologies, as mentioned i have been out of the loop a while. Off the forum and not in the market for new guns over the last couple years. 

Regarding magazine - is it legal to own the hex mag ar magazines that are a 10 round capacity in a 30 round shell? Since they come directly from the manufacturer structured to accept only 10 rounds? I know wording in current ban states it must be permanent and a pin is not acceptable. Not exactly sure how hexmag restricts them to 10 max.

Totally legal!

Yeah I don’t know what you mean either. As long as the mag does not hold more than 10 rounds, it doesn’t matter what the mag body is…it could be a drum. As long as it doesn’t hold more than 10. 

1 hour ago, sroc112 said:

Thats why i qiestioned if they were legal under current ban. Since the wording essebtially states permanent and not temporary, pin not being acceptable. 

Take the 10 round limiter out and see how well that hexmag feeds without it and youll see why.

4 hours ago, sroc112 said:

Any insight on the quality of this barrel? Looks like the use an FN in this set up.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-chf-1-7-m4-carbine-556-prem-classic-ar15-upper-assembly-no-bcg-ch.html

FN make great barrels.  A lot of people get hung up on CFH vs Button Cut as there are advantages to both.  I'm not a psa fan as many know so I'd look at Aero for the same set up but should be fine, just make sure the front site post is aligned as psa is notoriously known for this being an issue. 

5 hours ago, sroc112 said:

Any insight on the quality of this barrel? Looks like the use an FN in this set up.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-chf-1-7-m4-carbine-556-prem-classic-ar15-upper-assembly-no-bcg-ch.html

That would be a great price if it came with a CH/BCG. 

Sroc113, I have a buddy that is an FFL and he ordered this for me a month ago from PSA....https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-mid-length-5-56-nato-1-7-nitride-13-5-lightweight-m-lok-moe-ept-rifle-w-mbus-sight-set.html  He pinned and welded a muzzle brake, and pinned the stock and now NJ compliant.  Ran 100 rounds through it and so far no issues.  Just have it shipped to an FFL that can make it NJ compliant.