Xtors

Gopher second term has more gun control on tap

1 hour ago, Xtors said:

Does anyone have access to copy here?

8 minutes ago, silverado427 said:

pay wall

Translation: Will anyone here admit to paying the Star Ledger for a subscription?

Hahahaha!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Xtors said:

I read the article on my wife's iPad but couldn't copy the text out. Does anyone have access to copy here?

https://www.nj.com/politics/2021/11/from-taxes-to-guns-to-abortion-heres-what-to-expect-from-gov-murphys-second-term.html

The Gov referenced these initiatives back in April: 

https://nj.gov/governor/news/news/562021/20210415b.shtml

16 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

Translation: Will anyone here admit to paying the Star Ledger for a subscription?

Hahahaha!

I dropped my Trenton Times subscription after the January 7th headline. Bought a paper last week on Thanksgiving for my wife... $8 and completely useless! Won't be doing that again.

7 minutes ago, FairbanksRusty said:

The Gov referenced these initiatives back in April: 

https://nj.gov/governor/news/news/562021/20210415b.shtml

Thanks. Refresher:

• Requiring Firearm Safety Training: S-2169/A-5030 (Weinberg/Reynolds-Jackson) would modernize firearm ID cards, as well as require completion of a firearm safety course in order to receive a permit to purchase a gun or receive a firearm ID card. Connecticut, California, Hawaii, Illinois, Rhode Island, Maryland and the District of Columbia all have laws requiring individuals to undergo safety training prior to being able to purchase. [How would this apply to existing FID holders? Definition of acceptable training? Conspicuously absent. Potential impacts on passing on firearms to your heirs.]
  • Mandating Safe Storage of Firearms: Owning a firearm for protection in the home can present a substantial obstacle to safe firearm storage, with individuals often opting to keep weapons loaded and easily accessible. Last legislative session, the Assembly passed A-3696/S-2240 (Downey/Gopal) requiring firearm owners to store the firearm in a securely locked box or container; in a location where a reasonable person would believe to be secure; or to secure the firearm with a trigger lock. 
  • Raising Minimum Age to Purchase Long Guns to 21: Under current law, a person 18 years of age and older may obtain a firearms purchaser identification card and a handgun purchaser is required to be at least 21 years old. The bill (A-1141/S-3605, Freiman/Cryan) increases from 18 to 21 the age at which a person is eligible to receive a firearms purchaser identification card used to purchase shotguns and rifles but would still allow for those at least 18 to possess a long gun for purposes of hunting; military drills; competition; target practice; training; or under the supervision of a parent or guardian.  
  • Promoting Microstamping Technology: Microstamping technology provides law enforcement with the tools to quickly link firearm cartridge casings found at the scene of a crime to a specific firearm, without having to recover the firearm itself.  The technology essentially creates a “license plate” on cartridge casings to identify the gun that was used to shoot the ammunition.  Last legislative session, S-112/A-1098 (Weinberg/Downey) would require within a year that firearm manufacturers incorporate this technology into new handguns sold in New Jersey. [This worked so well in CA... IOW, no more new pistols for sale.]
  • Establishing Electronic Ammunition Sales Recordkeeping: The State Commission of Investigation (SCI) issued a report in 2016 finding that straw purchases of ammunition were unchecked because firearm IDs lacked photo identification.  The SCI also found that sales records were often hand-written into log books — a problem for law enforcement, which should be able to consult an electronic database when it investigates questionable ammunition purchases.  A-1292/S-1481 (Greenwald/Weinberg) would require manufacturers or dealers of handgun ammunition to keep a detailed electronic record of ammunition sales, and report ammunition sales to the State Police. [Any talk of banning internet sales?]
  • Banning .50 Caliber Firearms: Military-style .50 caliber rifles are banned or restricted in several other states. California has a complete ban on .50-caliber rifles, Connecticut bans specific models and Maryland has some restrictions.  S-103/A-1280 (Gill/Greenwald) would revise the definition of "destructive device" under New Jersey law so that it includes weapons of .50 caliber or greater. [It's about time. These things are used in what... zero crimes in this state annually?]

I wouldn't be surprised if remaining evil features, others, and internet sales, among other things, get added to the list.

3 hours ago, silverado427 said:

pay wall

On the NJ.com site, you can usually click on a subscriber-only link and the instant it opens do a quick ’select all’ and ‘copy’, before the subscriber only warning comes up.  Then you can paste the text into Word or another app to read, generally with the formatting a little screwed up. 

Or so I’ve heard.

1 hour ago, 1LtCAP said:

who gets to define "questionable" ammo purchases?

Members of the party that'll guarantee Jack becoming governor in four years and lose more Assembly seats in two if they keep pushing the hard left agenda. 

A of people had an unpleasant first hand experience with N.J. firearm laws in 2020.

Edited by Bomber

23 minutes ago, Bomber said:

Members of the party that'll guarantee Jack becoming governor in four years and lose more Assembly seats in two if they keep pushing the hard left agenda. 

A of people had an unpleasant first hand experience with N.J. firearms laws in 2020.

I was thinking about this in a related way recently. With all the new gun owners in this state... are they so dumb they don't see FPM for what he is? Or did FPM cheat enough to overcome it?

9 hours ago, 10X said:

On the NJ.com site, you can usually click on a subscriber-only link and the instant it opens do a quick ’select all’ and ‘copy’, before the subscriber only warning comes up.  Then you can paste the text into Word or another app to read, generally with the formatting a little screwed up. 

Or so I’ve heard.

I, um, know someone who has done that with blocked articles, but last time this person tried to do it, it didn't work. I think the nj.com folks have figured out a way to stop people from using that workaround...

Coughlin will back Murphy gun agenda, agrees to post bills during lame duck

Fuck Phil Murphy.  

Murphy’s plan includes raising the minimum age to purchase long guns to 21, mandating safe firearms storage, safety training requirements, electronic ammunition sales recordkeeping, and $10 million for community-based violence intervention.

The governor is also seeking a ban on .50 caliber military-style firearms, closing the loophole for important out of state guns and promoting microstamping technology.

• Agree 1

Microstamping! Wow, I haven't seen that word in a long time!

Yeah, all of that is basically saying "I hate gun owners and want to make your lives as annoying as possible."

I'm glad I got an "other" before he decides to attack those as well.

Imagine having to go through any kind of red tape just to buy ammo! Insane! It's bad enough you need to share your FPID with everyone.

1 - Must complete safety course to get FID

2 - FID expires after 4 years, requires renewal

3 - All guns not in use must be stored in lockbox or safe

4- All handguns sold have to be equipped with microstamping technology

5- Electronic recordkeeping of all ammo stored in NJ

6 - Ban the sale of .50 cal firearms

7 - Regulate standards for mock active shooter drills in schools (?)

8 - Hold gun distributors and manufacturers responsible under "public nuisance" for guns that came into NJ from other states

• FacePalm 5

3 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

1 - Must complete safety course to get FID

2 - FID expires after 4 years, requires renewal

3 - All guns not in use must be stored in lockbox or safe

4- All handguns sold have to be equipped with microstamping technology

5- Electronic recordkeeping of all ammo stored in NJ

6 - Ban the sale of .50 cal firearms

7 - Regulate standards for mock active shooter drills in schools (?)

8 - Hold gun distributors and manufacturers responsible under "public nuisance" for guns that came into NJ from other states

Hopefully scotus rules in Bruen to require strict scrutiny before any of these proposals pass.    They’re all complete bullshit.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Hopefully scotus rules in Bruen to require strict scrutiny before any of these proposals pass.    They’re all complete bullshit.  

They're going to try to pass all these in current legislative session which ends sometime in Jan '22.  They'll likely get them done before SCOTUS rules.

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

The SCOTUS ruling won't make any difference on whether they pass all this nonsense. Remember, the Bill of Rights is above Murphy's pay grade.

They will pass most of this, maybe skip 1 or 2 so ANJRPC can claim a 'victory' while we lose more ground. A favorable SCOTUS ruling in Bruin may mean a easier time getting the new statutes overturned in court by paying our own money to lawyers while the government uses our tax money to fight us.

In case there is any misunderstanding, I'm mighty pissed at this continued bullcrap.

• Agree 4

It's actually going to come down to how Sweeney wants to leave office in January - with or without 2A support for a future run as Guv or as US Senator 

If he has a mind to, he could prevent ANY of these anti-2A proposals from seeing the light of day during lame duck.

Or he could turn the sprinklers on us again.

• Agree 2