Xtors

Gopher second term has more gun control on tap

On 12/2/2021 at 3:36 PM, Lawnmower2021 said:

Also: I love the fact that every single comment is criticism. Nobody likes this. How did this person even get re-elected? :blink:

Dead people can vote, but they don't have social media accounts

5 hours ago, MrSurfboard said:

Low information voters and NYC transplants carried Murphy over the finish line 

Late night 2020 style ballot dumps is how they did it.

Murphy went from losing  by 2 points all night to winning by 3 points days later.  They kept finding votes for Murphy until he was safely past the margin where Jack could have requested a recount.

• Agree 4

2 hours ago, Jim Hartman said:

Union scum got him and re elected.

Unions in NJ (and the rest of the US for that matter) do not have the political clout they used to.  Most of US Mfg has gone overseas.  The Dems have replaced blue dog union voters with another demographic.  It was planned, engineered even.  Blue dogs were decent god fearing folks that got thrown under the bus for a more "progressive" agenda.

I would like to know. ?   "Which one of these new anti gun bills is going to stop violent criminals"

I'm going to take a wild guess. NONE OF THEM   There are  hundreds of laws against violence and crime that aren't  working.

So lets add 8 more feel good bullshit  bills to the mixture.  

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, silverado427 said:

I would like to know. ?   "Which one of these new anti gun bills is going to stop violent criminals"

I'm going to take a wild guess. NON OF THEM   There are  hundreds of laws against violence and crime that aren't  working.

So lets add 8 more feel good bullshit  bills to the mixture.  

Has nothing to do with stopping crime. It's all about infringing on your rights. 

• Agree 2

I've been a little oblivious to CA but... from what I understand now, it seems that Harris was instrumental in putting their microstamping requirement forward.

Hmmmm... what are the odds that the administration will try to push nationwide microstamping to curb the "epidemic of gun violence?"

This whole thing honestly has me kind of pissed. These precedents will not bode well for neighboring states, given that they're already looking to work together to step on our rights.

The issue is their supporters do not understand or care about the 2nd amendment. Take NYC for example. They have this cult-like fixation with their politicians, even though NYC is the least progressive city on the planet, even compared to Pyongyang. They will eat up the BS like candy and cheer at the slim pickings like legalized marijuana.

On 12/5/2021 at 7:56 PM, SJG said:

NJ is a lost cause---get out while you still can

We'll see. I'm as cynical as they come but there are a lot of pissed off people in N.J. 

The incumbent Murphy miraculously "wins" a second term while his party loses seats in the assembly in a state where registered democrats outnumber republicans by 1.1 million and media fawned over him for four years. 

7 hours ago, MrSurfboard said:

NH here I come! 

I would rent a property in NH if I were you. The massholes have infected that state and if it wasn't for Sinunu vetoing there assault weapons ban it would be law now. The writing's on the wall there just like Colorado . Every state that leans one way or another is tilting rapidly in that direction . Live Free Or Die looks like allot of dieing coming to our brothers up north.

On 12/6/2021 at 4:02 PM, FXDX said:

there will never going to be a time to spike the football in jersey but for the moment at least bill has been sidelined

SENATE COMMITTEE DROPS "SAFE STORAGE" BILL

https://www.anjrpc.org/page/SenateCommitteeDropsStorageBill

• Informative 1

30 minutes ago, MrSurfboard said:

Unfortunately they just try and push it through again next year after he’s gone 

seems  none of this stuff ever goes away. The Bill’s sponsor was an undersheriff so I’m guessing he would have been protected from his own law had it passed. You know, rules for thee but not for me

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, MrSurfboard said:

Unfortunately they just try and push it through again next year after he’s gone 

Dems just lost a number of seats in the assembly. They're trying to ram this stuff through in the lame duck session with votes from members who aren't concerned about reelection.

And its a standard democrat tactic to push through unpopular legislation soon after an election so voters have time to forget what scumbags they really are.  

Also, next year are the mid-terms. They may not want to push their radical agenda too hard and risk having it taken out on N.J. congressional democrats, several of which they just flipped after being held by republicans for many years. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, FXDX said:

seems  none of this stuff ever goes away. 

Nope. 

“Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”

Ronald Reagan

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Bomber said:

Nope. 

“Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”

Ronald Reagan

And that and a $1.50 will get you a cup of coffee at Wawa. Like Mr C says support the people that support you, that is,  if you’re genuinely interested in making things better. carry on...

11 hours ago, FXDX said:

there will never going to be a time to spike the football in jersey but for the moment at least bill has been sidelined

SENATE COMMITTEE DROPS "SAFE STORAGE" BILL

https://www.anjrpc.org/page/SenateCommitteeDropsStorageBill

just means something worse is in the works