Xtors

Gopher second term has more gun control on tap

23 hours ago, FXDX said:

there will never going to be a time to spike the football in jersey but for the moment at least bill has been sidelined

SENATE COMMITTEE DROPS "SAFE STORAGE" BILL

https://www.anjrpc.org/page/SenateCommitteeDropsStorageBill

It looks better for now.  If I read the NRA article correctly, the only bill to pass out of committee in the senate (with amendments) is  what they now call the handgun registration bill for new residents.

30 minutes ago, father-of-three said:

It looks better for now.  If I read the NRA article correctly, the only bill to pass out of committee in the senate (with amendments) is  what they now call the handgun registration bill for new residents.

Still not good. We would begin to end up like New York State. Any handgun would have to be registered. Big yikes!

I don't recall if this has been posted or not...but for your convenience in emailing both the entire NJ assembly and senate, ANJRPC has made these handy lists available; every email address ready to copy and paste into your email program (you can pick the comma- or semicolon-separated list, depending on what your email program requires).

All of the state senate and assembly email addresses

Then just fill in a title demanding they vote NO on the package of gun ban bills, a few words in the main body (easy for us to come up with) on why the bills are terrible ideas, and add your name and town to the bottom.

Let's continue to make some noise! 

• Informative 2

2 hours ago, always_an_eagle said:

Still not good. We would begin to end up like New York State. Any handgun would have to be registered. Big yikes!

And also another standard Leftist tactic: Incrementalism. 

A slow (and sometimes not so slow) chipping away at constitutional rights.

Always moving their agenda forward year by year.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FairbanksRusty said:

Every legally purchased handgun in New Jersey IS registered. 

Yes, this is true. But if you are from out of state and move into Nj with a handgun, you don’t need to register it

3 hours ago, always_an_eagle said:

I agree, hence my "for now," knowing that there is so very little to keep this stuff from becoming law in this state.  Sadly, I expected all of the bills to easily pass the committee level in both houses.  I have a good conservative senator (Doherty), but he is only one of a very few.

12 hours ago, always_an_eagle said:

https://newjerseyglobe.com/gun-control/sweeney-skeptical-of-murphys-third-gun-control-push/

Read the article. It looks like Sweeney may not block this unfortunately.

I’ll wager he opts for any that fall under “common sense” so that he appeases the red shirts. He’ll need that fan base to help him get elected Governor. 

• Agree 1

On 12/17/2021 at 2:33 PM, 10X said:

I don't recall if this has been posted or not...but for your convenience in emailing both the entire NJ assembly and senate, ANJRPC has made these handy lists available; every email address ready to copy and paste into your email program (you can pick the comma- or semicolon-separated list, depending on what your email program requires).

All of the state senate and assembly email addresses

Then just fill in a title demanding they vote NO on the package of gun ban bills, a few words in the main body (easy for us to come up with) on why the bills are terrible ideas, and add your name and town to the bottom.

Let's continue to make some noise! 

***DELETED***

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, samiam said:

At the very least, I suggest putting those addresses in the "bcc" rather than the "cc" field to make it less obvious. YMMV..

Anyone who puts more than 2-3 people on the To or CC line is a heathen anyway.   It’s the social equivalent to always talking in the third person.  

28 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

That's what the BCC line is for. You'll never know.

How many incoming emails get sent to Spam for using the BCC or if they have a Sent From Gmail?

I bet there are some really good filters being used on those inboxes.

59 minutes ago, Sniper said:

How many incoming emails get sent to Spam for using the BCC or if they have a Sent From Gmail?

That's an interesting question. I'll have to generate a few emails back with BCC. I don't believe at the target server the receiver knows what field the recipient address occupies. So, I don't think discrimination based on recipient field works well. But I'll have to check.

Since I have my own private email domain, I can tell you it was MUCH MORE IMPORTANT to have DMARC, SPF and DKIM set up on the domain to insure minimum classification as SPAM. I always use BCC for distribution lists, and my reception rate went from about 40 to 100% after I implemented all of it. Before implementation I used to get large numbers of rejections when sending out to distribution lists. Not anymore!

And as far as I know Gmail has all of that in place, even for private domains they host. So, their rejection rate should be low.

1 hour ago, Sniper said:

Could be. Though I know I sent a few emails to the senate and assembly and got a few replies.  If they’re filtering it’s not just by Bcc (or not applied universally). 

1 hour ago, samiam said:

That point was that I wouldn't expect a legislator to pay a great deal of attention to something that was an obvious form letter that took little effort to produce and send. Why should that rep think the sender would put any more effort into denying that rep office for a vote the sender opposes.

The other question, how many of these "official" email addresses actual go to a staff member to sort through versus go directly to the Rep? I bet they have SOP just to reply with their standard response right back to the incoming form letter.

Letters, rallies, phone calls have amounted to nothing in return for decades. 

“One million Gun owners in New Jersey”, then “400,000 more new gun owners in New Jersey” were supposed to be rallying cries to make us feel powerful but they have produced what in return? Unless you vote these folks out of office, nothing will change. 

There’s never a way to negotiate with them, other than individually speak for minutes at Trenton and then your time is up. In their minds. a decision has already been made. They’re just going through the motions to appease. 

For three decades they’ve chipped away at freedom: 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/1993/03/16/new-jersey-gun-ban-survives-repeal-vote/d1814e34-f97c-4279-9e68-4fd1bd8903a5/

8 minutes ago, FairbanksRusty said:

Is that called "The Definition of Insanity"?

9 minutes ago, FairbanksRusty said:

There’s never a way to negotiate with them, other than individually speak for minutes at Trenton and then your time is up. In their minds. a decision has already been made. They’re just going through the motions to appease. 

Maybe it requires a different way to get the point across and negotiate? Voting doesn't seem to help either.

2 hours ago, FairbanksRusty said:

“One million Gun owners in New Jersey”, then “400,000 more new gun owners in New Jersey” were supposed to be rallying cries to make us feel powerful but they have produced what in return? Unless you vote these folks out of office, nothing will change. 

For three decades they’ve chipped away at freedom: 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/1993/03/16/new-jersey-gun-ban-survives-repeal-vote/d1814e34-f97c-4279-9e68-4fd1bd8903a5/

sadly one of the most accurate statements i've seen regarding this.

Considering we're in the "absolutely some are going to pass" phase...

Ugh. It is a little depressing reading about "assault weapons". If this doesn't illustrate "give them an inch and they take a mile" then nothing will.

Also, "democrats" don't care about democracy.

59 minutes ago, JeepGunner said:

Anyone have any update on what if anything happened today?

They’re making progress on closing the “registration loophole” whatever that is: 

https://www.insidernj.com/press-release/vainieri-huttle-jasey-swain-bill-closing-registration-loophole-gun-owners-move-new-jersey-passes-full-assembly/

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JeepGunner said:

Anyone have any update on what if anything happened today?

From ANJRPC:
December 20, 2021. In response to a massive outcry from gun owners against Gov. Murphy's gun ban proposals, the NJ Assembly today unexpectedly took no action on the major components of the anti-Second Amendment bill package. Instead, the Speaker of the Assembly issued a statement indicating that he intends "to consider re-posting a comprehensive package in January."

This means that the bills could still come up for a vote on the final day the Assembly is scheduled to meet this session (January 10, 2022). But it also means that gun owners' collective outcry has led to serious questions among Assembly members -- enough to cause the major components of the bill package to be "held" right now.
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Sniper said:
From ANJRPC:
December 20, 2021. In response to a massive outcry from gun owners against Gov. Murphy's gun ban proposals, the NJ Assembly today unexpectedly took no action on the major components of the anti-Second Amendment bill package. Instead, the Speaker of the Assembly issued a statement indicating that he intends "to consider re-posting a comprehensive package in January."

This means that the bills could still come up for a vote on the final day the Assembly is scheduled to meet this session (January 10, 2022). But it also means that gun owners' collective outcry has led to serious questions among Assembly members -- enough to cause the major components of the bill package to be "held" right now.

Thanks.  I checked the ANJRPC website before my post but it seems I cannot find where the latest news link is on that site. lol