Xtors

Gopher second term has more gun control on tap

On 12/19/2021 at 5:02 PM, 1LtCAP said:

we already do have to register handguns here.

No we don't. If you acquire a handgun while living in NJ using a PtPP, it automatically gets registered.

There are several ways of legally owning a handgun in NJ without it being registered:

1. Inherited
  2. Bought while living in another State and brought with you when you moved to NJ
  3. Bought in NJ before PtPP's were a thing
  4. Bought in another State while being a dual resident of that State and NJ

There is a way to voluntarily register firearms in NJ, but why would anybody want to do that?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

No we don't. If you acquire a handgun while living in NJ using a PtPP, it automatically gets registered.

There are several ways of legally owning a handgun in NJ without it being registered:

1. Inherited
  2. Bought while living in another State and brought with you when you moved to NJ
  3. Bought in NJ before PtPP's were a thing
  4. Bought in another State while being a dual resident of that State and NJ

There is a way to voluntarily register firearms in NJ, but why would anybody want to do that?

And there are even more ways to illegally acquire a firearm...

We are balancing student mental health with preparedness should the worst-case scenario ever happen

Where is there ANYTHING about that?
All this "Gun safety" , "gun violence protection", etc. has 100% focus on creating annoyance and 0% focus on how to actually deal with problems.

• Agree 1

So I heard they reintroduced a Bill to ban .50

How long do we think it will take to be signed into law?  If I have a pistol permit that I can use in February, do you think I can buy a Desert Eagle and get in before the law?   I believe the language allows owners of .50 firearms to keep them with a permitting fee.

I would love to have a DE in the collection, though I know I won't use it much at the range due to ammo prices.

Will they also ban sales of .50 AE ammo?  That would stink...

13 hours ago, MrAceJD said:

So I heard they reintroduced a Bill to ban .50

A bill that banned .50 semi-auto rifles was introduced at the end of the 2021 legislative session.  It did not get signed into law and died when the session ended last week.  

It has not been resubmitted for 2022….yet.  

Dang, sucka.

This is getting pretty bad. Some things that popped out at me from my initial skim:

• Any new gun is essentially banned like in CA
  • Single evil feature AWB including Thumbhole stocks
  • It's possible that pellet/tear gas launchers can be considered "firearms" (maybe that did not change)
  • All unlicensed weapon-smithing is a crime, even knives
  • It would be illegal for you to share ammunition with your children
  • It becomes a crime to share 3D models of guns that *could* be 3D printed
  • No DIY printing or milling of any gun components or magazine parts. 

This line made me chuckle:

(vi) a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the non-trigger hand without being burned

Yes, heavens forbid we allow people to use guns SAFELY.

I noticed there are essentially two sponsors for all of these: NIA H. GILL and RICHARD J. CODEY.

And they both represent Essex. I feel ashamed.

2 hours ago, samiam said:

It's b-a-a-a-a-c-k!!! All of the unconstitutional, gun-grabbing BS that died in the last legislative session has been introduced in the NJ Senate, including:

So Single feature AWB, banning all new handgun sales, civil liability for crimes used with your 50-cal, and requiring FID or other BS ID for ammo sales.   I’m surprised the 4-round limit isn’t back.

Fuck.

That.

Noise.

To add, screw Richard Codey in particular. Here is another gem he's sponsored: 

https://www.njleg.state.nj.us/bill-search/2022/S712

The application for the permit to purchase a handgun together with a fee of [$2] $50, or the application for the firearms purchaser identification card together with a fee of [$5] $100