gunforhire

SENATE COMMITTEE HEARING POSTPONED; ASSEMBLY COMMITTEE HEARING LIKELY MONDAY

SENATE COMMITTEE HEARING POSTPONED;
ASSEMBLY COMMITTEE HEARING LIKELY MONDAY

Please Immediately Begin Contacting Every ASSEMBLY Member!

December 8, 2021. After hearing from many thousands of gun owners on S3757 and S372, the Senate Law and Public Safety Committee has postponed the December 9 hearings on these bills. Please do not go to Trenton on December 9 and pause all emails to state senators.

HOWEVER, it is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT that gun owners immediately turn their attention to the ASSEMBLY on these two bills, as our sources in Trenton tell us that an ASSEMBLY committee hearing is likely to be scheduled for sometime Monday, December 13 on these and other gun bills. 

PLEASE IMMEDIATELY begin emailing all Assembly members and tell them to oppose these bills when they come up in Assembly committee or on the Assembly floor - click here for the full email list of Assembly members.  

Tell Assembly members to vote NO on upcoming gun bills, and in particular S3757 / A5647 and S372 / A3686. Please copy and paste talking points from our two previous alerts on these bills (links below):

S3757 / A5647 (firearms storage) Click here for previous alert.

S372 / A3686 (firearms registration) Click here for previous alert.

PLEASE ALSO PREPARE TO TAKE FURTHER ACTION ON OTHER BILLS AS THE LEGISLATIVE SCHEDULE IS ANNOUNCED. THERE WILL PROBABLY BE ADDITIONAL TIME-SENSITIVE ACTION ALERTS COMING BETWEEN TODAY AND SUNDAY, DECEMBER 12.https://www.anjrpc.org/page/CriticalUpdateStartEmailingAssemblyMembersASAP

• Like 2

I received the email announcing the postponement less than a minute after I'd emailed all of the state senators asking that they oppose both bills.

Damn--I must be more influential than I thought.  ;)

Now to go to work on the Assembly.

• Haha 1

FWIW, I wrote an email arguing against the full slate of bills but with particular emphasis on S3757 - the storage bill - and sent to all Assembly Members. So far, I got mainly auto-replies, but I did get a few personal replies from Assembly Members that appear to radiate genuine concern about this latest assault on citizens' 2A rights. I'm sharing those replies here, and highlighting their districts. Not trying to hijack the thread, mind you - just thought people in those districts might be interested in what their Assembly Members are thinking/doing. I'll share any others of note that might come in. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and opinion on anti-gun measures.  I know Assemblyman Bergen he appreciates hearing your views. He is not in favor of and will not support the Gun Violence Prevention Legislation proposed by Governor Murphy.   As a life member of the NRA, he feels this is clearly another attack on our 2nd Amendment.

Sincerely,

Adrienne

Adrienne Zimmermann, Director of Constituent Services | Assemblyman Brian Bergen, 25th Legislative District Office | Office: 973-539-8113 | Fax: 973-539-8752 | 5 East Main Street, Suite 22B | Denville, NJ 07834

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi XXXXX,

Thank you for your email and let me just say that I could not agree with you more.  The governor’s absurd attacks on law abiding gun owners while ignoring the epidemic of criminal gun crimes is outrageous and must end.  I will vote “no” to any legislation that attacks our Constitutionally guaranteed 2nd amendment rights.

Best Regards,

Gerry

Asm. Gerry Scharfenberger, Ph.D

13th Legislative District | American Arts Building | 1517 Route 35 N, Suite 306, Middletown, NJ  07748

[email protected] | (732) 856-9294-(O) | (732) 856-9243-(Fax)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[This next one is a little more restrained in tone... he might be great, but if it were me, I'd check out his voting record on 2A issues - that goes for ANY of these folks! (the voting record is the proof in the pudding really) - if you happen to be in their district]. 

Hello XXXX,

Thank you for writing concerning this very important issue. I support the second amendment and will vote against any legislation that will restrict a citizen from exercising their Constitutional Rights.

Sincerely,

Assemblyman Rob Clifton [he's in the 12th Legislative District]

935 Route 34, Suite 3B, Matawan NJ 07747

PH: 732-970-6386 | FAX: 732-970-6389

I think I got five or so 'I will not support these' responses when I emailed the entire assembly.   Got a couple of those when I emailed the whole senate last week.  Of course the vast majority in both houses never bothered to respond at all.   

I wrote, got a couple 'we agree' responses, and the one Asm address that was bad. I took the 10,000-foot view.

"I watched in horror during 2020 as Democrat administrations across the country permitted rioters and looters to run unabated through their jurisdictions, ruining lives, businesses and personal property. Not satisfied with just having rioters and looters running free to do their worst, in many cases those Democrat administrations retracted their police forces to make sure the rioters and looters were unencumbered, even to the point of raising bail for them, or releasing them uncharged.

And now the Democrat administration of New Jersey, not satisfied with completely disarming us legally in public, wants to effectively disarm us and leave us defenseless in our own homes. Having guaranteed safety for criminals in the streets of New Jersey, it wants to guarantee their safety in citizens’ homes as well. That is the actual effect of the bills you are considering Monday.

According to our state police, 80% of the gun violence in this state occurs in only five of our twenty-one counties. Are you focused there?

No! Instead, you’re redoubling your efforts to put all the legal gun owners in New Jersey in an ever-tightening legal straight jacket, assuring the largest possible pool of defenseless victims.

You’re fooling no one. None of these bills do anything to PREVENT crimes or gun violence. To say they’ll reduce crime or gun violence, or promote gun safety, is a lie.  And anyone who supports these bills should be ashamed.

But I’m confident they won’t be."

And it looks like I was right. They passed them all.

14 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

I wrote, got a couple 'we agree' responses, and the on Asm address that was bad. I took the 10,000-foot view.

"I watched in horror during 2020 as Democrat administrations across the country permitted rioters and looters to run unabated through their jurisdictions, ruining lives, businesses and personal property. Not satisfied with just having rioters and looters running free to do their worst, in many cases those Democrat administrations retracted their police forces to make sure the rioters and looters were unencumbered, even to the point of raising bail for them, or releasing them uncharged.

And now the Democrat administration of New Jersey, not satisfied with completely disarming us legally in public, wants to effectively disarm us and leave us defenseless in our own homes. Having guaranteed safety for criminals in the streets of New Jersey, it wants to guarantee their safety in citizens’ homes as well. That is the actual effect of the bills you are considering Monday.

According to our state police, 80% of the gun violence in this state occurs in only five of our twenty-one counties. Are you focused there?

No! Instead, you’re redoubling your efforts to put all the legal gun owners in New Jersey in an ever-tightening legal straight jacket, assuring the largest possible pool of defenseless victims.

You’re fooling no one. None of these bills do anything to PREVENT crimes or gun violence. To say they’ll reduce crime or gun violence, or promote gun safety, is a lie.  And anyone who supports these bills should be ashamed.

But I’m confident they won’t be."

And it looks like I was right. They passed them all.

Well written!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Didn’t matter.   Bills passed committee along party lines.   Fuck this state.  

Yep... sadly, writing our local reps gets nowhere, it's just a feel good effort:

NJ ASSEMBLY COMMITTEE

PASSES ANTI-GUN BILL PACKAGE

December 13, 2021.  This morning, the New Jersey Assembly Judiciary Committee passed Governor Murphy’s anti-gun bill package that does nothing to punish gun crime and instead attacks Second Amendment rights of honest citizens. Although several legislators expressed “concerns” about issues raised by gun owners, the bills were passed nevertheless, with opposition only from republicans.

The package of bills now moves to the full Assembly for consideration, which could take place as soon as Monday, December 20.

https://www.anjrpc.org/page/AssemblyCommitteePassesAntiGunPackage

9 minutes ago, Lawnmower2021 said:

I'm not sure what I was expecting, but for everything to pass committee is a little disappointing. I also did my part to write and got similar responses.

It’s a little disappointing. In the past some of these had stalled in committee, like the FID renewal.  Sadly they didn’t happen this time.  I don’t know if it is because Sweeney is a lane duck or because they’re trying to get anything signed before scotus rules on the NY case or what.  

Just had a chance to read the “nuisance” bill.  Holy vague and capricious, Batman!

Some pull quotes

3. a. A gun industry member shall not, by conduct either unlawful in itself or unreasonable under all the circumstances, knowingly or recklessly create, maintain, or contribute to a public nuisance in this State through the sale, manufacturing, importing, or marketing of a qualified product.
13 b. Whenever it appears to the Attorney General that a gun industry member has engaged in or is engaging in conduct that violates subsection a. of this section, the Attorney General may commence an action to seek and obtain: an injunction prohibiting the gun industry member from continuing that conduct or engaging therein or doing any acts in furtherance thereof; an order providing for abatement of the nuisance at the expense of the defendant; restitution; damages; reasonable attorneys' fees, filing fees, and reasonable costs of suit; and any other appropriate relief.

And their definition of nuisance:

. “Public Nuisance” means any condition which injures, endangers, or threatens to injure or endanger or contributes to the injury or endangerment of the health, safety, peace, comfort, or convenience of others.

2 hours ago, Sniper said:

The package of bills now moves to the full Assembly for consideration, which could take place as soon as Monday, December 20.

They're probably looking to pass these on Christmas Eve when no is paying attention like Obama Care and some other garbage bills I can't recall. 

Standard democrat tactic.

1 minute ago, Bomber said:

They're probably looking to pass these on Christmas Eve when no is paying attention like Obama Care and some other garbage bills I can't recall. 

Standard democrat tactic.

These fucktards don’t work the other 11.5 months of the year but queue up gun bills and OH boy, they’re working Christmas Eve, “for the children!” 

1 hour ago, voyager9 said:

Just had a chance to read the “nuisance” bill.  Holy vague and capricious, Batman!

And their definition of nuisance:

“Public Nuisance” means any condition which injures, endangers, or threatens to injure or endanger or contributes to the injury or endangerment of the health, safety, peace, comfort, or convenience of others.

They would love to pass a "Public Nuisance" law against whoever even disagrees with them. 

To be determined by the homosexual N.J. attorney general naturally.

22 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

These fucktards don’t work the other 11.5 months of the year but queue up gun bills and OH boy, they’re working Christmas Eve, “for the children!” 

Its punishment against the people of N.J for having the nerve to almost throw Murphy out on his ass and take some seats in the legislature.

Pissing on a major Christian holiday in the process is an added bonus.