MrAceJD

HK SL8 thoughts?

I went to my local firearms store today and saw an HK SL8 in stock.   First time I had ever seen one.   Felt like a nice rifle.  Price was around $1600.   It looks like it was just re-released this year.

I was curious if anyone here had any experience with it.   It's made to be compliant out of the box.  Magazines look impossible to find though.

Love mine, very accurate, a bit heavy even with all the plastic, but sure not as heavy as it would have been with aluminum. Very simple mechanism and is a lot cleaner being piston driven.

Buy it, got mine around $1500, a deal to be honest, definitely a 2k rifle.

Can't find any mags for it right now, promag makes one for it too, waiting on those, much cheaper than the HK ones.

I had one years ago. It was very accurate and reliable. Mine was the older version with the grey stock that I dyed black.  I'm not sure if these still exist but there was a company that sold a replacement magwell and bolt so it will accept ar mags. You would have to dremel the area above the magwell and install the replacement parts.