45Doll

Revolutionary Roller Locks NJ AOW Builder

Well for a change of pace I thought I'd post about guns! Politics and the virus have me about worn out.

I saw a post on the HK forum about these guys, who I never heard of before. Since I have an HK-91A3 (at my PA location) I was curious about them. Then I found this page:

NEW JERSEY AOW BUILDER - Revolutionary Roller Locks (revrl.com)

Anybody familiar with these guys?

I actually asked about them on arfcom and they had great reviews. I chatted with the owner too about their receiver.  I’m putting together a 300blk AOW at the moment but once that project is done, I’ll be buying a gram from them. I’ve always wanted an MP5. 

On 3/4/2022 at 5:18 PM, always_an_eagle said:

They make an H&K 93 clone?

They advertise MP5 based but then they say this.......Money talks.....lol

BEFORE YOU START BUILDING YOUR CUSTOM New jersey AOW...

Models and Availability…
The Roller Lock Builder will allow you to envision any firearm we can craft for you, from standard models to the depths of your imagination. Because each of our firearms are hand built there will be a lead time between your order and receiving your quality firearm.

17 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

AOW can be under 26" OAL but does require VFG and Brace.

AOW Does not require a brace.
What it requires is not having a stock.

It’s an important distinction.

An AOW is basically an “other firearm” that doesn’t meet the overall length requirements.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1

RRL is a great company and I thank them for giving NJ residents this opportunity but for $3k, better to just get an actual HK SP5 remanufactured. That's what I ended up doing.

$2800 for the new HK SP5. $250 for remanufacturing to an other by SuperAnt Arms in Lambertville, NJ.

I AOW'ed it as well so another $200 to the ATF for my permission slip which came back in 9 days

6 minutes ago, glockdoc said:

RRL is a great company and I thank them for giving NJ residents this opportunity but for $3k, better to just get an actual HK SP5 remanufactured. That's what I ended up doing.

$2800 for the new HK SP5. $250 for remanufacturing to an other by SuperAnt Arms in Lambertville, NJ.

I AOW'ed it as well so another $200 to the ATF for my permission slip which came back in 9 days

SuperAnt Arms...hmmmm..intersesting. I had never heard of these guys before.

I had stopped looking for SP5s a while ago because the pricing had gotten ridiculous. Which version did you get? Was it the 16"version and have the barrel cut down or was it originally a pistol?

28 minutes ago, shooter28 said:

SuperAnt Arms...hmmmm..intersesting. I had never heard of these guys before.

I had stopped looking for SP5s a while ago because the pricing had gotten ridiculous. Which version did you get? Was it the 16"version and have the barrel cut down or was it originally a pistol?

HK bumped up MSRP to $3300 now so they have become harder to find for under $3k.

I had the pistol version. Superant Arms remanufactures it to an "other firearm" by adding a brace, VFG, and their engraving. They're an 07/02 based in NJ so they can legally do that

On 8/14/2022 at 12:49 PM, glockdoc said:

HK bumped up MSRP to $3300 now so they have become harder to find for under $3k.

I had the pistol version. Superant Arms remanufactures it to an "other firearm" by adding a brace, VFG, and their engraving. They're an 07/02 based in NJ so they can legally do that

Awesome. 

What did you change to convert it from Other to AOW?