H2oVento

Time to move out of NJ... wish I could

Just a breif blurb from 

ASSEMBLY, No. 1292 STATE OF NEW JERSEY 219th LEGISLATURE

When will this madness end. 

7 (2) Every person engaged in the retail business of selling, 8 leasing, or otherwise transferring handgun ammunition, as a retail 9 dealer or otherwise, shall keep an electronic record in which shall 10 be entered the name of the manufacturer; the date of the transaction; 11 the type; caliber or gauge of the ammunition; the quantity of the 12 ammunition sold; the name, address, and date of birth of the 13 purchaser; the identification used to establish the identity of the 14 purchaser; and any other information the superintendent shall deem 15 necessary for the proper enforcement of this chapter. The electronic 16 records shall be retained by the dealer and shall be made available 17 at all reasonable hours for inspection by any law enforcement 18 officer, and additionally shall be electronically reported to the 19 superintendent in accordance with section 4 of P.L. , c. (C. ) 20 (pending before the Legislature as this bill).

Does this exempt online retailers or does this basically mean you can't order anything online because nobody out of this state will deal with this nonsense?

An open invitation to knock on gun shops doors anytime just to review who bought a case of 22 today.... nuts!

25 minutes ago, Xtors said:

Not that it will matter but everyone here has contacted their reps, right???

Oh, yes.   And I'll keep doing it.  One can't complain about the system if not working actively to change it.

The ANJRPC emails make it easy, with their lists of email addresses ready to paste in, and talking points text one can modify as desired.  You can email blast the senate or assembly in two minutes.

Phone calls carry more weight, so those are encouraged as well.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

“We have among the lowest gun-crime realities of any American state. That’s what we’re committed to. We have no issue with law-abiding Second Amendment folks. That’s not our objective. And I think the packages we’ve already seen passed, as well as this prospective package, all continue to get at making our state responsibly, sensibly, and reasonably the strongest gun-safety state in America.” Phil Murphy

Yeah, rIght. Unless you're in one of the five outstanding counties. Then it's the wild west. And the report on this leaves out all the significant and ridiculous details.

N.J. lawmakers move to toughen state’s already strict gun laws - nj.com

And this one.

Eight new proposed gun laws endorsed by Assembly committees (nj1015.com)

Edited by 45Doll
2nd link added.

46 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

I never had a dealer log me for HPs.

I don't buy from a local dealer, but online, so I've never needed to log anything.

1 hour ago, Lawnmower2021 said:

Does this exempt online retailers or does this basically mean you can't order anything online because nobody out of this state will deal with this nonsense?

The window is closing to be able to buy online. Strike now, while you can. Many of us saw this coming years ago, and planned accordingly.

1 minute ago, CMJeepster said:

I've never had anyone log my ammo purchases in-store.

The last time I bought in-store here, was over 10 years ago, at Dick's in Freehold. I remember them manually writing down in a little book the FID card number and what I bought. This was only for handgun ammo, long gun ammo they didn't track.

2 hours ago, 10X said:

Oh, yes.   And I'll keep doing it.  One can't complain about the system if not working actively to change it.

The ANJRPC emails make it easy, with their lists of email addresses ready to paste in, and talking points text one can modify as desired.  You can email blast the senate or assembly in two minutes.

Phone calls carry more weight, so those are encouraged as well.

My PS professor said ( 20 years ago or so) if you don't like it Vote for it. If you still don't like it run for office

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, FairbanksRusty said:

Are mask mandates off the table in New Jersey? 

Our neighbors across the Hudson have them. How much longer before Murphy caves in?

Here's what he said yesterday, you can read between the lines:

....."As a new indoor vaccine-or-mask mandate takes effect in New York state to battle upticks in COVID-19, Gov. Phil Murphy suggested Monday that neighboring New Jersey does not plan to order a similar policy, though he also didn’t rule it out.

“Every option is on the table at the moment,” Murphy said during his latest coronavirus briefing in Trenton. “We think what we’ve got in place meets the moment, in terms of masking and what New York is doing. But obviously, all options stay on the table.”

18 minutes ago, Sniper said:

...."As a new indoor vaccine-or-mask mandate takes effect in New York state to battle upticks in COVID-19, Gov. Phil Murphy suggested Monday that neighboring New Jersey does not plan to order a similar policy, though he also didn’t rule it out.

Who needs a mandate? 80% of the people in N.J. are already voluntarily masked up.

Slaves love their chains.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

The problem with masks is it's like everything else with government. As soon as you give a little, it landslides.

The mask itself isn't a big deal, but then when you're forced to vaccinate or be removed from society... that's a problem. And on top of it, my smart phone constantly bugs me to install a COVID tracking app. It's all a gateway to more tracking and control under the guise of helping people.

There's no reason this system couldn't apply to gun control or just plain political disagreement. Not vaccinated? Buying cases of ammo? Let's keep track of you and everyone you interact with.

• Agree 1

The real concern (for me anyway) is if somehow, perhaps through a multi-state initiative, they prohibit purchasing food across the river in  America. I seem to recall this is the situation with CA and NV.

22 minutes ago, Xtors said:

The real concern (for me anyway) is if somehow, perhaps through a multi-state initiative, they prohibit purchasing food across the river in  America. I seem to recall this is the situation with CA and NV.

California has long had restrictions against bringing in many types of fresh produce, because they're trying to protect their own crops from imported insects and diseases.  I remember having a couple of oranges confiscated at a border checkpoint many decades ago.

I'd not heard of it being a broader restriction than that...although come January they'll be wringing their hands over black-market pork being brought in from out of state.   The idiots in Sacramento have effectively outlawed a huge fraction of California's pork imports by mandating minimum pen sizes for farm-raised hogs--complying with the edict would be an enormous expense for pork producers.  Not surprisingly, the big pork producers in the midwest have told California where they can stick it--they have no problem selling all they can produce to states that actually want their product.

Sorry @10X I was speaking metaphorically about "food". I debated with myself for several minutes about putting double quotes around it. :) That said, you raise some interesting points... CA is amazing in their ability to screw so many different things up.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

I just got on and reminded them that the storage unloaded issue was settled with District of Columbia v. Heller - Wikipedia  I also got a jab in on Gopher. :icon_lol:

That was a great call... and nice dig! I hadn't heard that about Heller. That's good to know. I am also surprised none of action alerts I received on this didn't mention this unconstitutional angle.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Xtors said:

I am also surprised none of action alerts I received on this didn't mention this unconstitutional angle.

Notice how Commie/Leftists Like Murphy will fight like hell to expand and protect abortion "rights" which are nowhere in the constitution while in the very same legislative session attack the 2nd amendment.

These people are scum of the earth.

• Agree 1