silverado427

Color fill

I've done it with testors model paint. It's not difficult, just tab a toothpick into the paint then into the roll mark. Once roll mark is filled lightly wide over and around the roll mark with paint thinner, testors as well, on a q-tip or paper towel. Then let dry.

20190115_142451.thumb.jpg.97e9b6acde05980f78c35ec527dbaf1c.jpg

Used testors paint as well...holds up alright if you degreased before applying and if you never clean/oil the exterior of the receiver. 

Once you apply oil, the degradation starts only because you have to rub/wipe so if you do go through with it, try not to rub hard or not at all or it will fade/chip off.   

pros:  looks cool at first

cons:  not very easy to fill in with precision and to wipe off any excess cleanly.  Must use caution to not inadvertently get any of the colors to bleed into each other (white and red) unless you're going for pink roll marks.  Also it doesn't last if you wipe down the receiver often with oil and obviously any solvents.  

Conclusion:  not worth the time and effort..and the cost of the paint.  Can buy a box of ammo instead.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Selling a very good condition Bulgarian Makarov, used as a paperweight for about 3 years, comes with 2 magazines. Has factory Bakelite grips. Asking $500 all said and done, willing to drive or ship to FFL.
    • In my previous Pennsylvania life, I would often pocket carry.  In 2020 I spent 2 weeks vacation in Mississippi and Tennessee and pretty much carried everywhere.  It was great.  If you felt the ground shake in August of that year, it was because New Jersey residents visited Jefferson Davis' home in Biloxi.    Back to reality.... I will assume that it would be difficult to qualify with a pocket pistol that has a 10 yard range on a good day. But I have back up plans...
    • Regarding Murphy's absurd attempt to make all private property off-limits by default (which would 100% be overturned under Bruen): I think (hope) he may have a difficult time getting that through the legislature. Check out these two Politico articles, which specifically mention new Senate Majority Leader Scutari's reluctance to move on gun legislation. The Dems are very concerned about losing control of the NJ legislature in the 2023 elections. Perhaps we should organize grassroots lobbying. Phil Murphy's first 2024 hurdle: New Jersey Democrats As Gov. Phil Murphy tries to burnish his image as someone who's putting progressive policies to work, he faces a major obstacle: A skittish Legislature led by members of his own party.  https://www.politico.com/news/2022/06/25/phil-murphys-new-jersey-democrats-00041676 Scutari: Democrats strayed too far left in 2021 Scutari, though a North Jersey Democrat, has developed alliances with members of his party from South Jersey. https://www.politico.com/news/2022/04/19/scutari-democrats-too-far-left-2021-00026236
    • Unlike the FARS FID/P2P process for checking references by email.  The references on my carry applications have never been contacted, to the best of my knowledge. That's the purpose of having them sign in ink.  It's pretty much up to the Detective doing your background check to determine if he feels it is necessary to contact them.
    • So now that it's a reality, what are some recommendations for some good carry guns? I currently have a CZ P01.  It's a little heavy (28.1 oz unloaded) put could be carried.  Pros, it's a CZ.  I shoot it pretty well.  If round capacity restrictions are struck down I can easily buy standard 14 round mags for it. I also recently held a Glock 43X.  It weighs 18.7 oz unloaded).  It comes with 10 round mags but there are 15 round aftermarket ones available if things ever change. I've also recently discovered the CZ P-10 Micro-Compact.  It's smaller and lighter (20.1 oz) than my PO1 but only holds 7 rounds.  Being a CZ fan it caught my eye. So what are you carrying if you have been carrying.  And what are some suggestions for a carry gun?