Bklynracer

Pelosi rejects stock-trading ban for members of Congress: 'We are a free-market economy. They should be able to participate in that.'

She made millions for years with information, They all did, she wants all her cohorts to be able to continue to make money.

This is probably the first thing I agree with from Cortez. No I'm not changing sides.

It is absolutely ludicrous that members of Congress can hold and trade individual stock while in office," Ocasio-Cortez recently tweeted. "The access and influence we have should be exercised for the public interest, not our profit. It shouldn't be legal for us to trade individual stock with the info we have."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pelosi-rejects-stock-trading-ban-170954629.html

We now know why Pelosi didn't have an issue with trading. Notice the date of this thread then notice the date of her trades below:

...."Despite a populist grassroots movement seeking to ban Congress members from trading stocks, one which has attracted bipartisan political support, Democratic House Speaker Nancy Pelosi - arguably one of the most prolific Congressional traders - said two weeks ago that lawmakers should be allowed to make trades while serving.

“We’re a free market economy,” Pelosi told reporters during a news conference. “They should be able to participate in that.”

We mention all of this because according to the latest Periodic Transaction Report covering Nancy Pelosi's latest trades, the California Democrat purchased millions worth of call options in companies from Alphabet, to Micron, to Roblox, Saleforce and Walt Disney.

pelosi%20trades.jpg?itok=RYXk5E7l

And while the presumption is that there Pelosi did not trade on inside information, something tells us each of those trades will be profitable.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/nancy-pelosi-buys-millions-call-options-google-micron-roblox-salesforce-and-disney

Wow imagine that 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/76-voters-disagree-pelosi-think-190621010.html

The poll also found that disapproval of congressional stock-trading is overwhelmingly bipartisan; 70% of Democrats, 78% of Republicans, and nearly 80% of independents said members of Congress shouldn't be able to trade stocks.

"In an era of hyper-partisanship, voters in all parties agree that members of Congress should not be enriching themselves using 'insider information' while serving the people," said the group's president, Mark Meckler, in a statement. "This issue has received a lot of attention, and this data verifies the American people want this practice to end once and for all."

8 minutes ago, Bklynracer said:

Wow imagine that 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/76-voters-disagree-pelosi-think-190621010.html

The poll also found that disapproval of congressional stock-trading is overwhelmingly bipartisan; 70% of Democrats, 78% of Republicans, and nearly 80% of independents said members of Congress shouldn't be able to trade stocks.

"In an era of hyper-partisanship, voters in all parties agree that members of Congress should not be enriching themselves using 'insider information' while serving the people," said the group's president, Mark Meckler, in a statement. "This issue has received a lot of attention, and this data verifies the American people want this practice to end once and for all."

Yeah, but they won’t end it. Just like they won’t vote for term limiting themselves. 

And how they always vote themselves a raise.

2 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

Yeah, but they won’t end it. Just like they won’t vote for term limiting themselves. 

And how they always vote themselves a raise.

It's nice when you can write the rules that pertain to you.

Remember who said this: "It's a big club, and you ain't in it".

It wouldn't matter if they were insider trading (legally) or not.  They would use their positions and influence to acquire wealth some other way... their son placed on a foreign company's board, buying up-and-coming realistate,  generous gifts from extended, extended family's investments, failure to pay taxes, lobbying their past coworkers,  etc.  

On 12/16/2021 at 7:01 PM, Bklynracer said:

She made millions for years with information, They all did, she wants all her cohorts to be able to continue to make money.

This is probably the first thing I agree with from Cortez. No I'm not changing sides.

It is absolutely ludicrous that members of Congress can hold and trade individual stock while in office," Ocasio-Cortez recently tweeted. "The access and influence we have should be exercised for the public interest, not our profit. It shouldn't be legal for us to trade individual stock with the info we have."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pelosi-rejects-stock-trading-ban-170954629.html

I doubt AOC has any morals.  She is probably mad because she cannot figure out how to do it on her own... "My money manager wants me to buy stock in this company that is printing ""Lets Go Brandon" T-shirts.  i told him to buy tickets to Disney World, instead"...  Or possibly, her handlers are putting a rift between her and the wicked witch who wouldn't share ice cream with her Florida.  These thoughts will rattle around in the media for a little while and then it will be back to normal...

"That's good navy bean soup.  Did you get some Pfizer stock now that the booster campaign is in full swing?."

Yeah, I sold my plexiglass stock as the market is saturated now and I bought up some... "

"Glad I got rid of that bump stock when I did."  

Meanwhile, back at the Federal Burro of Disinformation listening in, "Did you get that Charlie?"... "Time to get more stock in the jabbers and sell off that other crap."

Remember, following finance laws only pertains to you.... not people who know people...  I wonder if she gets her investing advice from Hunter.....

• Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm sold shares of stock 9 times last year and did not disclose the sales within the legally required 45 day window, according to federal disclosure documents.
  • The sales ranged from April to late October, but Granholm did not disclose any of them until mid-December, after the deadlines had passed.
  • A spokeswoman for Granholm said the late disclosures were the fault of a “clerical error” and that the secretary had paid a late filing fee.

WASHINGTON — Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm violated the STOCK Act at least 9 times last year, by selling shares of stock worth up to $240,000 and failing to disclose those sales within the 45-day window that the 2012 law requires.

The STOCK Act expanded the accountability and reporting requirements for financial holdings, both for members of Congress and high-level employees of the Executive Branch like Granholm.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/20/energy-secretary-jennifer-granholm-violated-stock-disclosure-law-9-times.html

• Haha 1