LennonGuy

Fingerprints? Again? Yes or No?

Ok, so first, if I'm posting this in the wrong section, my apologies.

Also, my apologies for asking what may be a  dumb question....as you guys may have surmised, I am pretty good at that. (Based on my previous confusion about securing multiple handgun purchase permits)

What I have learned here since joining recently is at least two things: 1. You guys know WAY more than I do and you're willing to help., and, 2., I know LESS than I thought I did because in the years since my last handgun purchases (about 7-8 years ago), things have changed A LOT!

So here's my question.....

My wife just reminded me that I have an appointment tomorrow to get my fingerprints done. Do I need to keep it?

When I filed for my purchase permits recently, I made a mistake and listed the seller instead of the FLL as the "transferor". I then found out unless we both met certain criteria (like both being LEO's or having a  certain license), then that space should have the FLL listed who is assisting the transaction, not the person selling the handguns. I went back and filed the correct application, but in the meantime, the first one had sent me the site where you set up an appointment to get fingerprinted, and I set up an appointment thinking it was the thing to do.

But after the second, correct application, it did not send me to that site, and I figured it "knew" I already had an appointment.

THEN.....a few remaining brain cells kicked in and I asked myself; "Why would I need to be fingerprinted again, when that was done years ago when I got my Firearms ID Card?

Bottom line is...do I need to keep that appointment, or forget about it?

I'd like to NOT have to get up and drive to Cherry Hill, a bit of a ride, if I don't have to! But if I DO have to, then of course I want to do it and get it over with!

Advice?

54 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

My advice would be to ignore the appointment. Don't go.

My advice would be just go get it done (if your previous ones weren't done electronically), so it might make it easier and quicker for the next round of permits.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sniper said:

My advice would be just go get it done (if your previous ones weren't done electronically), so it might make it easier and quicker for the next round of permits.

If you were already fingerprinted no need to go again, even if it’s online or ink. The FID number on your card is a SBI number which is linked to your prints.

On 12/17/2021 at 4:22 PM, LennonGuy said:

When I filed for my purchase permits recently, I made a mistake and listed the seller instead of the FLL as the "transferor".

Since when does a purchase permit list the FFL?  Are you sure that your doing the right paperwork? 

29 minutes ago, EdF said:

Since when does a purchase permit list the FFL?  Are you sure that your doing the right paperwork? 

Yes,  I'm sure. In fact, I just got confirmation from the state that my FFL has completed the step he needs to take...here is the cut and paste from that email:

"We have received the Seller's Certification from the NJ Licensed Firearms Dealer that you requested for the following Multiple Handgun Purchase Exemption application: Action Taken By Seller: Accepted"

So now it's a matter of the total package being processed and sent on to my local PD, then approved. Again, this was necessary because I made a deal to purchase two specific handguns at the same time from the same person, and this is the right way to do it.