falcone

Automotive rust repair in NJ

Can anyone recommend a shop that does good rust repair on vehicles, specially pickups? Have an 06 Ram diesel that needs the rockers replaced. Most shops don’t deal with rust repair anymore and the few that don’t will probably charge a lot. I’ve been in contact with a small diesel repair/custom shop that does this kind of work frequently. But they’re over an hour away and the owner seems to be busy as hell right now and not interested in more work. I’m in Union County and don’t mind driving some for a good shop. If anyone has any info that could help me out I’d really appreciate it. 

I would recommend B&D Fabrication and Truck Repair in Tabernacle, Burlington County.  They replaced a section of the uni-body underneath my '99 Jeep Cherokee with 1/8" plate steel and spraying it with sealant.  They did a great job and I thought the price was reasonable given they had to drop the fuel tank to get to the rusted out area.

On 12/22/2021 at 6:21 PM, falcone said:

Yea not many shops even bother with it. I’m debating if I should just get rid of the truck instead 

I mean if it's just the side rockers it's just cosmetic right?  Or are you worried about it spreading?

I would just drive it as long as there are no safetly issues.  Take your time to find the right shop.