1LtCAP

stupid question on "readers"

ok. so we've been working on my contact lens prescription for awhile now. got it to the point where i hardly need my "old guy" readers. the trade off is that my distance view seems to suffer. kinda like a tradeoff. i can get one at the partial expense of the other. the distance thing mostly shows itself driving at night. lights in the distance aren't clear, and it seems to throw me off a bit. i'm fine with my eyeglasses, and i still have one pair of my old script of contacts, and it doesn't show itself with those.

so what i was wondering........do they make dimestore "readers" for distance? something i could keep in the truck, and use for night driving?

9 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

They do. I buy mine on Amazon 

getting them online, how did you figure how strong they needed to be? with the readers, i normally tried them till i found a pair that i could read newspaper print.

1 hour ago, kc17 said:

FWIW... I only use readers for close up, computers, books, etc..

I used readers.com a few times, most recently I used readingglasses.com I think they had a better selection, better pricing and they absolutely shipped faster. 

i'll keep that in mind.....when i needed readers, i just did as above.