IGY6Munitions

I’ve acquired my first Springfield M1 Garand and need help identifying my weapon

My name is Mark Culberson owner of IGY6 Munitions. I have acquired my first Springfield M1 Garand on a firearms trade but know nothing about my rifle except it is beautiful. I’m asking for help with identifying just what I have. I will include pictures in hopes others will help me with information. The backstory on this weapon I am told  is it was awarded to a serviceman back in 1956 for winning a military marksmanship competition. I have an album of pictures I can forward to anyone who might be willing to look at them. For some reason I am unable to upload even a single picture to this page. I thank you in advance for your input.

Mark Culberson

4 hours ago, IGY6Munitions said:

I have an album of pictures I can forward to anyone who might be willing to look at them. For some reason I am unable to upload even a single picture to this page. I thank you in advance for your input.

Your best bet is to upload the images to an image host website like https://imgur.com/, then to post them here you copy the links and paste it here in the post - it will show the pictures.

• Like 1

Gm Mark....

As they say, buy the gun, not the story.

Looked at the pics, feel free to call.  If you give the name of the competitor and match, it should be easy to find the award, if that's true.

It's basically a 4.8milliin serial SA M1 with a 53 barrel, that is NOT in the white.

Someone added a NM oprod...but all other parts do not appear to be NM (national match)

I would have to compare drawing numbers and would.like to see the trigger group and inside of oprod.

Nice M1 nonetheless and wonder what it guages.

But, again the 'story' is not the rifle...the metal and wood are....

Private sale market in NW NJ...1200ish...additional value plus/minus depends on guage and other parts, as well as drawing numbers and if it headspaces.