Sign in to follow this  
Sniper

Dog finds help, leads cops to owner’s car crash

This boy should get a nice, big, juicy T-bone steak!

It also follows the primary rule in k9 training, always trust your dog!

LEBANON, N.H. (AP) — A German shepherd named Tinsley, first thought to be a lost dog, successfully led New Hampshire state police to the site of its owner’s rollover crash.

Both the vehicle’s occupants were seriously hurt, but thanks to Tinsley’s dogged efforts they quickly received medical assistance once officers discovered the truck, which went off the road near a Vermont interstate junction, WMUR-TV reported Tuesday.

“The dog was trying to show them something,” said Lt. Daniel Baldassarre of the New Hampshire State Police. “He kept trying to get away from them but didn’t run away totally.

“It was kind of, ‘Follow me. Follow me.’ And they did that and you know, to their surprise to see the guardrail damaged and to look down to where the dog is looking at, it’s just, they were almost in disbelief,” he said.

https://apnews.com/article/oddities-lifestyle-new-hampshire-dogs-f7b882ddd8138fcbdea96e42d931d21e

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRB1IoHrOOaNNkY7K7C60w

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

More to the story, which is even more impressive. This dog was only a year old, and it's a "she" not a "he". Awesome dog!!

..."Cam Laundry, Tinsley’s owner, was behind the wheel of the overturned Ford truck.

“She's my little guardian angel," Laundry said. "It's a miracle that she had that kind of intelligence to do what she did."

“We were shaken up, didn't know what was happening. Next thing we know, the cops were there, and it was all because of her,” Laundry said.

“Of course, she never leaves my side, so we're always together," Laundry said. "In that truck that got wrecked, she's always my co-pilot. She's always with me."

Laundry said Tinsley has a well-earned reward on the way, most likely in the form of a venison burger for dinner.

https://www.wmur.com/article/dog-alerts-new-hampshire-police-after-crash/38666434#

• Like 1