Sniper

FREE Covid Tests - Get them while they're hot.

Quick, sign up for your FREE Covid tests, before stock runs out!

https://www.covidtests.gov/

Americans on Tuesday started placing orders for free Covid tests promised by the Biden administration after the federal government rolled out the website a day earlier than expected — with some complaining on social media that they were blocked from ordering the tests.

White House press secretary Jen Psaki said the website, covidtests.gov, is in its testing phase and will officially launch Wednesday morning. Orders placed during the website’s testing phase Tuesday are valid and will be shipped, White House spokesman Kevin Munoz told CNBC.

Every household, based on residential address, is limited to four tests. The White House said last week it capped the number of tests people can order to ensure broad access to the program.

The Postal Service will ship the tests 7 to 12 days after orders are placed, according to the Biden administration. The website on Tuesday said orders would start shipping at the end of the month.

These tests are not reliable. I friend used a couple of them on her son. One came back positive, the other negative. A subsequent PCR test came back positive.

On the linked website they even suggest the same thing - if you get a negative result, test again 24 hours apart until you get a positive one. FFS!

What if you test Negative?

A negative at-⁠home test result means that the test did not find the virus, and you may have a lower risk of spreading COVID-19 to others. Check your test kit’s instructions for specific next steps. If you test negative, you should test again within a few days with at least 24 hours between tests.

It should only come back negative if you don't have Covid. That would mean you have zero chance of spreading it. What use is a test that can only tell you yes or maybe not?

• Like 1

If anyone gets one, I'd like to see where it's made. A friend ordered a few from Amazon last week and the box says Made in China,

Isn't that a kick in the face. Who made that stupid decision.

With all the crap going on with China, Why would we trust them.

We really couldn't make them here.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Bklynracer said:

Isn't that a kick in the face. Who made that stupid decision.

With all the crap going on with China, Why would we trust them.

Keep in mind, the KN95 masks that are mandated and handed out to Congress are also made in China..

You really can't make this crap up in Hollywood!

On the linked website they even suggest the same thing - if you get a negative result, test again 24 hours apart until you get a positive one. FFS!

If at first you don't succeed try try again. This were specifically conjured up to present positive to help promote the pandemic.

3 hours ago, Bklynracer said:

If anyone gets one, I'd like to see where it's made. A friend ordered a few from Amazon last week and the box says Made in China,

Here's a picture of the ones they were showing on TV when they were advertising the free tests. I have the same ones here that I already bought. Look at the second picture, I took a pic of the back of the box. Guess where they are made?  Amazing stuff...

ihealth-over-the-counter-covid-antigen-t

ihealth.jpg

Well, so far, this website is just freakin' SPECTACULAR! I mean, c'mon folks... let's give credit where credit is due! This website is a stunning pinnacle of gov't-developed, cutting edge information technology... purpose-driven and clearly up to the challenge! /sarc off 

Seriously though, I figured: what the heck? I'll order up some of these free tests... so, I took a few seconds to fill out all the fields, hit the order button under the "order summary"  section - and, since then - over 60 minutes ago - a little spinning icon has stared back at me (and I'm not positive, but I think I may have even heard it snickering at me...). The system has clearly failed to "register" my order and give me any kind of confirmation (either on-screen or to my email). Alas, I'll probably have to just close it out before turning in tonight. I'm just curious... did anyone else run into this? I'm guessing they're already running into problems where the system is just slowing to a crawl, crushed under the volume of requests. It doesn't bode well for how it will act tomorrow.

This is reminding me of something... ah, yes, the early days of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) marketplace - I remember it well! As an independent contractor, I had no choice but to endure that particular indignity. :facepalm: No exaggeration, the process stretched out over DAYS - it took multiple tries to log on, followed by hours in the system, and each time ending with a frozen screen. It was really something to behold - all that gov't efficiency! I was finally forced to just get on the phone with a rep - and even then, as I recall, I was put on hold for at least an hour before a human picked up. Good times... good times!  :good: 

1 minute ago, Golf battery said:

But.  What is the reason for these covid tests ?   Im confused.  If you know you have symptoms of a flu.  You stay away from people till you’re better.  Has something changed?

For example, for those who have symptoms, and have also chosen to avail themselves of "alternatives" like Ivermectin ... since those alternatives are recommended to be taken fairly "early" after onset of symptoms, well, wouldn't that person want to test him/herself first to make sure it was actually COVID (and not just some other dumb infection)? 

I mean, why would you waste your Rx drug on something that wasn't COVID? I guess that's my thinking anyway. Seems logical. Besides, just in general... I'm all about having MORE information, not less... on any topic. Do you disagree? 

• Informative 1

1 hour ago, Mrs. Peel said:

I'm just curious... did anyone else run into this?

No... Because I'm an idiot, and ordered and paid for a bunch of test kits weeks and months ago, you know, to be prepared.... :hang:  Will Brandon reimburse me for what I paid, since everyone else will get theirs FREE now?

1 hour ago, Mrs. Peel said:

No exaggeration, the process stretched out over DAYS - it took multiple tries to log on, followed by hours in the system, and each time ending with a frozen screen. It was really something to behold - all that gov't efficiency!

Yet, half of the population wants to put the government in charge of their personal and medical affairs... since government knows best and is the most efficient.. :facepalm:

37 minutes ago, Golf battery said:

What is the reason for these covid tests ?

Paranoid tests for the mentally unstable Karens.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

1 hour ago, Displaced Texan said:

I have a bunch of the Binax test kits at home. I’ll have to check where they are made 

I just checked the ones I have. It doesn't actually say where they're made.

Ironic, the USA get the virus from China, then the USA goes back to China to buy all types of masks, test kits and other PPE... and you thought China was a Communist country... Sounds like they're a better Capitalistic country than us.. :mda:

• Agree 1

On 1/18/2022 at 10:05 PM, Sniper said:

ihealth.jpg

Anyone get their FREE test kits yet? On another forum, people mentioned this was the one they received... MADE IN CHINA (where the virus came from)...

You really can't make this stuff up...

• FacePalm 1

4 hours ago, Sniper said:

Anyone get their FREE test kits yet? On another forum, people mentioned this was the one they received... MADE IN CHINA (where the virus came from)...

You really can't make this stuff up...

I got the same ones you did - made in China

My wife requested 4 tests Jan. 18th. Probably not going to use them, but figured since my wasted tax dollars paid for them.... still no word on when they may arrive. On a lighter note, Big Joe promised to eradicate cancer, just like he did with covid, oh wait, nevermind.

• Haha 1