ShootersShooter

NIC Delays again?

8:38 AM 1/25/2022 1389 submissions are currently in the queue. We are working on (Friday) 1/21/2022 work. Feel free to share this information with your customers. Please remember that a dealer may not transfer a firearm to an individual without first receiving the unique State Transaction Number (STN) provided through a NICS check

"Instant"

inigo-montoia.gif

6 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

how is it that nj is still allowed to get away with this?

Damn good question!  I noted in another thread that I bought a rifle in Florida a couple of months ago.  Showed my DL and Florida CCW, filled out a 4473, and five minutes later I was walking out the door with the gun.  I paid a transfer fee because it was shipped from Atlantic Firearms, but I don't think there was a NICS fee like in NJ.  Does anyone know if there is a NICS fee in other states?

7 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

how is it that nj is still allowed to get away with this?

Because of one thing. The liberals have the numbers and they vote...we came close to defeating Murphy & his ilk in the last election, but the heavily populated urban vote was the deciding factor. I'm afraid that even with a favorable ruling by the SCOTUS they will find some way, either by reworded regulations or burdensome fees to circumvent any restoration of our rights.

8 hours ago, Sniper said:

You already know the answer to that question.

2 hours ago, Old Glock guy said:

Damn good question!  I noted in another thread that I bought a rifle in Florida a couple of months ago.  Showed my DL and Florida CCW, filled out a 4473, and five minutes later I was walking out the door with the gun.  I paid a transfer fee because it was shipped from Atlantic Firearms, but I don't think there was a NICS fee like in NJ.  Does anyone know if there is a NICS fee in other states?

1 hour ago, ShootersShooter said:

Because of one thing. The liberals have the numbers and they vote...we came close to defeating Murphy & his ilk in the last election, but the heavily populated urban vote was the deciding factor. I'm afraid that even with a favorable ruling by the SCOTUS they will find some way, either by reworded regulations or burdensome fees to circumvent any restoration of our rights.

it would seem to me that this is something that should be being fought by the nra and all of the other rights groups. i'd imagine if they all worked together with a good lawyer(which they should collectively have the money for) that they could stomp this little issue out. hell.....i'd imagine that if they all worked together the entire house of cards that is our states illegal laws and statutes would fall.......but who am i to ask these things? i'm just some schmuck with no money......

1 hour ago, 1LtCAP said:

it would seem to me that this is something that should be being fought by the nra and all of the other rights groups. i'd imagine if they all worked together with a good lawyer(which they should collectively have the money for) that they could stomp this little issue out.

You would think...

But, after all , there's only OVER a million gun owners in the state (so they say), that's just a "small" group.... right, without any power?

The NRA-ILA have been lobbying but have never to my knowledge challenged these laws seriously in court, yet continually solicit donations from me. They insist they are fighting for my rights but have yet to show me any real success. The 1,000,000 represents only 11% of the population, they see NJ as a lost cause and allocate funds elsewhere.

6 minutes ago, ShootersShooter said:

The 1,000,000 represents only 11% of the population, they see NJ as a lost cause and allocate funds elsewhere.

Yeah, but if that million could ever get their acts together, it would be a hell of a wave to march on Trenton...

I know... pipe dream....

Only the fear of unemployment will move the politicos to act in favor of true gun law reform. So far they have gone with  the no-bail release, legal weed, narcan for addicts, voting rights for felons, and DL and more for illegals route.....Their "constituants" are taken care of.

13 hours ago, Old Glock guy said:

Does anyone know if there is a NICS fee in other states?

NY goes straight to the FBI. No charge and takes minutes.

Oct. 2019 NICS 10 minutes, Oct. 2020 NICS 4 days (covid don't ya know). Sorry to keep this thread off track, but only 2.6 million votes cast for governor 2021. Not counting the 'last minute & after the fact' votes 'found', maybe we are more repsonsible for current fiasco than we care to admit.