DevsAdvocate

Home invasion thread.

Police are on location of a home invsion robbery that just occured in New Brunswick (middlesex co) . I wont say exact address but it was on Lorain Street in the area of Central Avenue. Wanted are two black males both in posession of handguns, both wearing ski masks, fled on foot from the scene. Police are searching the area. Unknown condition of victims.

Going on now... North River Side Drive, in Brick Township, Ocean County, Police are on location of a home invasion robbery that just occurred about 5 mins in the past. Wanted are a black male around 5'11" thin build and a white male around 5'9" both wearing all black clothing and gloves. Suspects fled in a 1999 Ford Taurus with NJ registration YYR45R.

Update: About 10 mins after the incident, the vehicle was located on Saw Mill Road in Brick, abandoned, both suspects still at large. MOCIB is in effect for surrounding towns.

Completely normal Tim...unfortunately. Has gone up steadily over the years, but its astounding how common it is. The problem is only getting worse. Also, just keep in mind that the few I have posted are just in my general area...Monmouth County, Ocean County, Middlesex Co...I couldn't tell you about the rest of the state.

Completely normal Tim...unfortunately. Has gone up steadily over the years, but its astounding how common it is. The problem is only getting worse. Also, just keep in mind that the few I have posted are just in my general area...Monmouth County, Ocean County, Middlesex Co...I couldn't tell you about the rest of the state.

I am more interested in our area than elsewhere.

Yeah, same here. It seems a little more "real" when its local. Scary stuff man...and there is no pattern, sometimes its in the middle of the night, middle of the day, dinner time, doesn't matter. I've always been extra vigilant around the holidays, when these monsters are most desperate for money.

East Brunswick, 9:40AM - Police are looking for a hispanic male wearing a black hoodie driving a red Jeep Cherokee wanted for a home invasion / robbery that just occurred on Central Avenue. Police are also looking for a 2nd male hispanic who is on foot in the area and did not make it into the vehicle. Unknown what proceeds were taken.

When attending a town hall meeting a while back our old mayor warned that times had changed and it was suggested that residents now lock the doors to their cars when they are home. I guess times are changing.

I also found it strange that the local water meter reader visited my house on a Sunday when I was not home. Luckly my wife and mother were home and followed him in. I didn't know about it until it was already done but needless to say there will be no access to my home without me there especially on non business days.

I lived in a decent area of Brooklyn where my car was stolen and found in a horrible area. So thieves do know where to shop.

What I was shocked about was a few years ago in a fairly safe neighborhood in Essex County, right by a police station and across from the train station.

My car was broken into, stereo ripped out, sat. radio receiver, amplifier.

This was Newark. =)

What I was shocked about was a few years ago in a fairly safe neighborhood in Essex County, right by a police station and across from the train station.

My car was broken into, stereo ripped out, sat. radio receiver, amplifier.

This was Newark. =)

Really I'm trying soooo hard to be shocked, but it's just not working. People wonder why I'll spend 45 minutes looking for a parking spot in the parking deck at my school as opposed to parking on the street. Geee I wonder

Hi. I live in East Brunswick and yes, too close to home. I also read about one in nearby sleepy lil Milltown ("A Friendly Community").. Two armed guys detained and tied up the family and turned their house over. Milltown has a huge resident police officer population. There's no escape from this anywhere. I'm almost seriously thinking about carrying my PPS while in the house. It's extremely concerning. Time those f@&$@&s in Trenton made some gun control legislation that gave the police power to search for guns on the street or at least required enforcement of existing laws instead of dropping feelgood shit on the heads of legal gun owners. My heart goes out to the victims of these attacks, it really does.

G

I don't know if it was in this exact thread, or in other home invasion threads, but apparently a lot of people on this forum to carry in the household or at least keep a gun in arm's reach. I know I do myself.

And to echo what you said, Genewarper, and others, this stuff is starting to really creep into the areas that you would least expect this type of crime to happen... no place is really safe anymore. EB is not too far from me, and there have been a number of events in South Brunswick (to include one that was no more then a few minutes away from my neighborhood). So, yes, I also keep my rifle mags loaded up and within reach as well.

lol this is why I should keep my .300 WinMag locked and loaded slung over my shoulder at all times while we are home!

I think there's a story last year similar except it was a bear. Crazy stuff!

Not to long ago there was a large string of car break in's (including my GF's father's car) which was located in a nice part of monmouth county. They ended up finding the kid but didn't charge him (or make him repay the money stolen) because his home situtation was bad, aka mommy didn't love him....what a load of NJ BS.

Not to long ago there was a large string of car break in's (including my GF's father's car) which was located in a nice part of monmouth county. They ended up finding the kid but didn't charge him (or make him repay the money stolen) because his home situtation was bad, aka mommy didn't love him....what a load of NJ BS.

There is always civil court to recover your losses.

There is always civil court to recover your losses.

Unless everyone got together to file a suit against him or his parents, it's not worth the effort when it was only about 100 dollars. It's just the principle of the matter more than anything.