EdF

This is becoming a regular thing in Philly . . .

Six hits and the bad guy is still able to return fire??

And to answer Ed's question, it will be here before you know it. These guys will take advantage of the no-toll into the PRNJ to skip over Camden City (where many carry) and go right to Cherry Hill, Maple Shade, and Mt Laurel where only retired LEOs carry.

The future is right in front of our eyes.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Ulfhednar15@ said:

Did they ever leave?  Wasn't Newark the car jacking capital of the world for, like, a decade?

I'm talking specifically about the Philly criminal crowd.  They have for the most part stayed in Philly.  Now, Philly citizens are shooting back.  Newark crime never affected Camden County.

As it is right now, there is a big issue with people going into neighborhoods and taking people’s cars that leave their keys in the car and they drive off with it. Either for joy riding or to bring it to a chop shop.

1 hour ago, always_an_eagle said:

and taking people’s cars that leave their keys in the car and they drive off with it.

If they're that stupid to leave the keys in it, they deserve it.

It's just like the idiots in my town that complain their cars are "broken into"... Problem is, they leave them unlocked overnight, after repeated warnings..... Duh....

21 hours ago, Sniper said:

If they're that stupid to leave the keys in it, they deserve it.

It's just like the idiots in my town that complain their cars are "broken into"... Problem is, they leave them unlocked overnight, after repeated warnings..... Duh....

a lot of people with the push button starts just leave their fob in the car. i had one girl that lost her fob. couldn't find it, but knew it was in the vehicle cause it started.....so she gave up looking....

• FacePalm 1

I see it out here too. People pull up to ___ to pick up their food, leave their car with keys in and engine running.

Anecdote: ~20 years ago in Brooklyn I knew someone who did something similar. A little old lady got in his car and drove away. TRUST NO ONE! :D 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lawnmower2021 said:

I see it out here too. People pull up to ___ to pick up their food, leave their car with keys in and engine running.

Anecdote: ~20 years ago in Brooklyn I knew someone who did something similar. A little old lady got in his car and drove away. TRUST NO ONE! :D 

back in the 90's when i used to tow.....had a car hanging on the stinger, heading back to the shop. as i'm coming up on the wawa, i see a car reversing super fast, but i'm too close to just brake....so i get on the brakes, and swerve onto the wrong side of the road. i managed to miss the car, and it didn't hit the one i was towing....thankfully. turned out a lady went inside, left her car running, with her kid in it. kid managed to move the shifter into reverse, and this was the result. if i'd have hit that car, that kid woulda died........

7 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

a lot of people with the push button starts just leave their fob in the car. i had one girl that lost her fob. couldn't find it, but knew it was in the vehicle cause it started.....so she gave up looking....

Like I said... stupid... so they leave the fob inside, so the car isn't locked, and anyone can just push the start button, and drive away.... brilliant.... and these people breed....

45 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Like I said... stupid... so they leave the fob inside, so the car isn't locked, and anyone can just push the start button, and drive away.... brilliant.... and these people breed....

That’s Homdel, the police station has a giant sign that reads lock your doors take your keys.
The youngsters from the urban areas were taking the last train into town and leaving with Audi’s BMW etc just by walking around those million dollar neighborhoods and jumping in them. Fobs always inside. 

• Crazy 1
  • FacePalm 1

I heard a story from years ago. Coming out of a a place after hearing a band playing she and her friend found they had been blocked in by another car. It was unlocked and the keys were tucked in the sun visor. She found the owner's address on the registration in the glove box so drove it home for him. Her friend followed in their car and after the drop off, they drove home together.

The guy must have thought he was crazy after reporting the car stolen only to find it on his own driveway when he got home.

• Crazy 1

21 hours ago, 0Jeep4 said:

That’s Homdel, the police station has a giant sign that reads lock your doors take your keys.
The youngsters from the urban areas were taking the last train into town and leaving with Audi’s BMW etc just by walking around those million dollar neighborhoods and jumping in them. Fobs always inside. 

I always lock my car door whenever I am outside and away from my car. Could be at home, at work (parking garage) or if I am only getting out of the car to drop or pick something up. Unless I got someone else in the car I trust, whenever I leave my car, I take my keys out of the ignition and lock the car door. 

• Agree 1

Hey gang . . . We can discuss the stupidity of leaving the keys in the car at Wawa if you like.  But, that's not what's happening in Philly today and not what I'm talking about.  That's not car jacking.

People are being pulled out of their cars at traffic lights or having guns pointed at them as they enter or exit their cars.  It not just theft.  It's a combination of assault and auto theft.  It's in your face and personal.

• Agree 1

56 minutes ago, EdF said:

...People are being pulled out of their cars at traffic lights or having guns pointed at them as they enter or exit their cars.  It not just theft.  It's a combination of assault and auto theft.  It's in your face and personal.

Just the way the Soros-elected prosecutors like it.

Obey or die.

1 hour ago, EdF said:

People are being pulled out of their cars at traffic lights or having guns pointed at them as they enter or exit their cars.  It not just theft.  It's a combination of assault and auto theft.  It's in your face and personal.

So, in other words, just an average day in Filthydelphia, right?

1 hour ago, father-of-three said:

At least law abiding citizens in Philadelphia can shoot back

That's my point . . . Car jackers are going to figure that and realize that they can take a $3 train ride to Cherry Hill, jack a car here and drive it home.  They can even use the EZPass to cross the bridge.

1 hour ago, EdF said:

That's my point . . . Car jackers are going to figure that and realize that they can take a $3 train ride to Cherry Hill, jack a car here and drive it home.  They can even use the EZPass to cross the bridge.

Either that or the car jacker is going to start shooting pre-emptively.

• Sad 1

On 1/30/2022 at 5:53 PM, EdF said:

You must be a sage:  Drivers carjacked at Wawa air pumps in 2 separate incidents in same N.J. town, cops say - nj.com

• Like 1

On 1/28/2022 at 8:40 AM, EdF said:

How long before the carjackers come over to South Jersey?

Looks like they're here, right across the river.

....."Two motorists were carjacked at separate Wawa gas stations in Pennsauken in the past month while filling their vehicles’ tires with air, authorities said.

Both stolen vehicles were later found in Camden. No arrests have been made in either carjacking, though investigations are ongoing.

https://www.nj.com/camden/2022/02/drivers-carjacked-at-wawa-air-pumps-in-2-separate-incidents-in-same-nj-town-cops-say.html

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.