silverado427

Karma is served to road raging honda driver.

Just now, Displaced Texan said:

Happened on the Palisades parkway. 

I was just being a goof when I said Exit 4 because the exit sign was in the video.  I knew it wasn't the TP because of the rocks and cliffs.  Figured it was someplace north.

got to love the dashcams

4 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

I was just being a goof when I said Exit 4 because the exit sign was in the video.  I knew it wasn't the TP because of the rocks and cliffs.  Figured it was someplace north.

I should have figured that, that’s definitely not exit 4 NJ Turnpike terrain. Either way I'm seriously thinking about putting  the dashcam back in the car full time

29 minutes ago, silverado427 said:

This is in NJ .  Go figure.  

Does this mean he failed parallel parking?

The guy in the white pickup sped up when he saw what the Honda was trying to do, and boxed him out....  Oops...

Just now, Scorpio64 said:

It also looks like the white pu got tapped too, but he just kept on truck'n.

The white PU isn't out of the woods in this state. They might nail him too: Failure to keep right, Reckless driving, and leaving the scene of an accident, or even possibly hit and run....

• Agree 2

What led up to all this? I'm thinking the white pickup was playing the game too. He jumped on it when he saw the Honda making the pass on the right.

As for the video driver, I would have been at least 200 feet behind this guy.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, 45Doll said:

What led up to all this? I'm thinking the white pickup was playing the game too. He jumped on it when he saw the Honda making the pass on the right.

As for the video driver, I would have been at least 200 feet behind this guy.

White pickup was definetly messing with him.  Probably didn't like being tailgated.  And we don't see what happened before this video began.

Towards the beginning you can see the truck hit their brakes even though there wasn't anything in front of them.  

Then when in the idiot in the Honda goes to pass on the shoulder the pickup speed up to try to mess with the Honda some more.  The noise of an engine being floored or gunned is coming from the truck.  Not the Honda.  The truck was probably trying to block the Honda behind the next car in the slow lane and box him in again.

Both of those drivers were in the wrong.  Pick up should have just moved over and let the idiot pass him.  The police will probably cite the pick up driver for something.  And if they don't I'm sure the driver of the Honda is going to lawyer up and try to sue for something.  

One thing I've learned as I've matured (a little), don't mess with people on road.  Too many videos and stories of road rage turning into homicide VERY quickly.  There's another recent thread where a driver starts shooting at another vehicle through their own side passenger window and windshield.  

• Agree 3

35 minutes ago, gleninjersey said:

White pickup was definetly messing with him.  Probably didn't like being tailgated.  And we don't see what happened before this video began.

Exactly what I was thinking. There is ALWAYS more to the story, before the video starts rolling. I'm sure they were screwing around before the video started, and the Honda had enough, and just wanted to get around the PU.

And you can't count on the other driver being even sober.

In the 00's, it's about 10:30 AM and I'm on route 80 east before the 46 split. Mercedes sedan and some big SUV playing NASCAR bumper cars go flying by me. I drop back and watch them jockeying back and forth for position for about a quarter mile. Then the SUV suddenly swerves from the center lane to the left, swerves back right to the center lane, bounces off a tractor trailer in the right lane, veers back to the median strip where his wheel catches the turf, flips the SUV and it rolls over twice landing upside down in the center lane.

I stop as a witness. When the state troopers finally show up and check out the vehicle, one comes over and asks me to look at the SUV with him. Big rubber tire marks on the one side. Trooper asks, "Is that where the trailer hit him?" I say "No, that's where he bounced off the trailer when he lost control." Trooper laughs and tells me to take off, because they know the guy is smoked. An open bottle in the SUV flung booze all over the cab when he rolled, and the driver was incoherent.

I think it was shortly after that I bought my first dash cam.

1 hour ago, Sniper said:

I'm sure they were screwing around before the video started, and the Honda had enough, and just wanted to get around the PU.

I found one article about this, in The Daily Mail of all places.  Apparently there was peace on the asphalt until Honda guy showed up.  Eyewitness reports indicated that Honda Guy {HG] was speeding, weaving, cutting people off  and tailgating his way up the road.  In fact, you can see HG tailgating the car in the right lane until dash cam dude backs off.  That's when HG moved up for more road warrior antics.  Asshat HG picked a fight with a two ton truck.

As far as I can tell, F150 didn't really do anything wrong.  He was driving with traffic, not swerving etc.

The moral of the story, well, I can't tell you what it is, but I'm sure there's one in there somewhere, however, I'm certain it is subjective.

The real story here though, what was so important that HG was driving like an asshole?  Was his wife in labor, late to  job interview, had to pee really really bad?  Honestly, what goes through the minds of jerkoffs like HG, that makes them think they are entitled to drive like that?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Scorpio64 said:

The moral of the story, well, I can't tell you what it is, but I'm sure there's one in there somewhere, however, I'm certain it is subjective.

That's easy, keep all 4 tires on the ground. :crazy:

1 hour ago, Scorpio64 said:

As far as I can tell, F150 didn't really do anything wrong.  He was driving with traffic, not swerving etc.

Watch the video again, he accelerated to block/pinch the Honda behind the car in the slow lane. Had he maintained his speed, Honda dude would have had a clear path around the car in the slow lane and back into the passing lane in front of the PU.

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, Sniper said:

Watch the video again, he accelerated to block/pinch the Honda behind the car in the slow lane. Had he maintained his speed, Honda dude would have had a clear path around the car in the slow lane and back into the passing lane in front of the PU.

This seems like victim blaming to me.  

Here you go kids, for those of you who think the white PU driver has no fault in this, a longer version of the video that wasn't cut, showing the PU dude being an asshole, brake-checking and blocking the Honda before the crash:

2 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Here you go kids, for those of you who think the white PU driver has no fault in this

Unless you can show me video of F150 guy getting in HG's car and making him drive like an asshole.  HG is at fault.  Maybe we need to see Dashcam guys rear cam to get an even bigger picture.  Wait, lets get satellite footage.

Dude, HG is the fucktard here.  Deal with it.

On 2/1/2022 at 8:13 PM, gleninjersey said:

Towards the beginning you can see the truck hit their brakes even though there wasn't anything in front of them.  

HG was passing on the right, trying to cut off F150, aiming to slip between the truck and the car (between lanes) just ahead of HG.  The truck slowed down to avoid a collision because there was not enough room for HG to get by without causing an accident.  HG was not behind the truck when the F150 first hit the brakes.  HG was in the right lane, so it was not really a brake check.

15 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

Dude, HG is the fucktard here.  Deal with it.

How do you know the Honda guy wasn't rushing someone to the hospital, or had some other emergency??

Oh, you don't...:facepalm:

1 minute ago, Scorpio64 said:

HG was passing on the right, trying to cut off F150, aiming to slip between the truck and the car (between lanes) just ahead of HG.  The truck slowed down to avoid a collision because there was not enough room for HG to get by without causing an accident.  HG was not behind the truck when the F150 first hit the brakes.  HG was in the right lane, so it was not really a brake check.

It's amazing what some people "SEE" when watching the same video...  :crazy:

• Agree 1