silverado427

Karma is served to road raging honda driver.

10 minutes ago, Sniper said:

How do you know the Honda guy wasn't rushing someone to the hospital, or had some other emergency??

Rule 1 of rendering emergency aid is ensuring your own safety. Ignoring this rule can (and did, given the huge assumption that you're right) result in you and the person you're rescuing needing to be rescued by someone else. It's just not the smart thing to do.

The pickup truck driver was being a dick. The Honda driver was being a reckless dick, endangering not only himself but everybody else on that section of road that day.

• Agree 3

16 hours ago, voyager9 said:

This seems like victim blaming to me.  

nope. truck dude should've just left him go. but instead he got a bug up his ass because goofy tailgated him. me personally? someone tailgates me, i slow down. the closer they get the slower i go.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

nope. truck dude should've just left him go. but instead he got a bug up his ass because goofy tailgated him. me personally? someone tailgates me, i slow down. the closer they get the slower i go.

Was it smart?  I know my wife would scream at me if I did that, so probably not.   That’s different from being at fault or causing the accident though.  That’s all on the Honda. 

“How do you know the Honda guy wasn't rushing someone to the hospital, or had some other emergency??”

HondaGuy has already passed a half dozen hospitals on that side of the river that far north. 

And if he was going to Montefiore in Nyack; he blew past the exit for 9W which was Exit 4.

I’m sure after that hit he did find a hospital. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

Unless you can show me video of F150 guy getting in HG's car and making him drive like an asshole.  HG is at fault.  Maybe we need to see Dashcam guys rear cam to get an even bigger picture.  Wait, lets get satellite footage.

Dude, HG is the fucktard here.  Deal with it.

Nobody is saying that HG isn't at fault.  It IS being said that some of the blame is on PU also. 

Watch the longer video.  Initially HG squeezes into the passing lane to pass the vehicle in the right hand lane.  PU moves to the right and brake checks him for the first time (that we know of) with nothing in front of him forcing HG to go back into the right hand lane.

HG attempts to pass PU on the right.  Put PU immediately speeds up boxing in HG . 

HG then moves back to passing lane as he sees PU has accelerated thinking perhaps the PU is going to pass the vehicle in right hand lane and then move over to allow him to pass.   Put PU then dangerously hits their brakes with no traffic in front of them.  This again forces HG into right hand lane where he again attemps to pass on right but PU guns his engine impeding HG again.  PU then won't pass car in the right hand land that HG is attempting to go around.  PU again hits brakes to ensure HG can't pass.  The drive of the car recording even says, "Look at that shit.  That guy just won't let him go."

PU then proceeds to maintain essentially same speed in fast lane as car in right hand lane boxing in HG.  

And that's where the first video essentially starts with the recording driver saying, "Okay.  Time for road rage.  Let's see."

Again, we don't know what transpired before the slightly longer video.  But it's VERY clear that the PU has some fault.  I'm sure they will be cited for something like improper braking, impeding the flow of traffic, or some other.  Possible fleeing an accident which their actions helped cause.  Because clearly if that PU hadn't been there or simply moved over NONE of this would have happened.  

This video is a PERFECT example of what not to do.  For both drivers.  Even if nothing else happened prior to the first video, the PU could have either sped up and then moved over allowing HG to pass or slowed down and then moved over.  Doesn't matter if the other driver is being a complete JERK.  Definetly doesn't help things to be a jerk right back.  BOTH those drivers endangered their own lives, the life of the other driver they were "playing" with and other drivers around them.  It's not the PU job to deal out "justice" on the road.  Especially when it put other people's life at risk.

• Agree 3

31 minutes ago, FairbanksRusty said:

“How do you know the Honda guy wasn't rushing someone to the hospital, or had some other emergency??”

HondaGuy has already passed a half dozen hospitals on that side of the river that far north. 

And if he was going to Montefiore in Nyack; he blew past the exit for 9W which was Exit 4.

I’m sure after that hit he did find a hospital. 

It doesn't matter WHY HG was driving as they were.  Just move over.  Period.  

Maybe there was a good reason for them driving in that matter.  Maybe there are hopped up on drugs.  Maybe they are just a complete JERK and horrible person.  I dont' want to make ANY of that my problem too.  

But now PU is going to have problems of their own.  

Both of these people played stupd games and will win stupid prizes.  GUARANTEED.  

22 minutes ago, gleninjersey said:

It IS being said that some of the blame is on PU also. 

F150 dude was minding his own business, as was every other driver HG terrorized, as he recklessly bullied his way up the road. 

As far as I am concerned, HG reaped what he had sewn.

I liken this to a guy who uses "self defense" after escalating a situation. The honda guy was the aggressor and an ass, but it doesn't give the guy in the pickup the right to escalate it. He essentially escalated it until it became catastrophic. If someone's driving like a jerkoff and you escalate it by break checking , blocking them in etc, you are now being the aggressor.  The pickup truck had 2 options,

1. move over and live his life

2. Break check, force someone in, cause an accident that could've killed him, the other driver or someone else.

They're both idiots and They're both wrong..

• Agree 3

18 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

And let HG go on to kill or harass someone else.  Make it not his problem anymore. 

So causing a huge wreck, which could've killed the people in the other 2 cars,  makes the truck driver in the right in your eyes?

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

As far as I am concerned, HG reaped what he had sewn.

As has PU.  

And again, you nor anyone else has any idea of what transpired before these videos.  What if it's found that PU was doing this and more the entire time?  

I can guarantee you the cops are talking to PU.  And they aren't patting them on the back saying, "We'll done!" 

And if PU doesn't somehow have to hire a lawyer to represent him for what the cops cite him for then it's almost guaranteed they will have to hire one to defend himself from HG's lawsuit.  

I'm not siding with either of these ass hats.  They were both wrong and both just brought a large amount of grief into their own lives unnecessarily.  

• Agree 3

48 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

1. move over and live his life

2. Break check, force someone in, cause an accident that could've killed him, the other driver or someone else.

3. HG stops being a selfish douche nozzle, slows the fuck down and respects everyone on the road.

There was always option 3

Look, I'm not saying F150 dude didn't do anything.  But I can tell you this.  He didn't do anything reckless.

HG was eventually going to end up as roadkill anyway.  Nobody drives like that without pissing off someone.  Karma finds everyone eventually.

2 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

There was always option 3

Look, I'm not saying F150 dude didn't do anything.  But I can tell you this.  He didn't do anything reckless.

HG was eventually going to end up as roadkill anyway.  Nobody drives like that without pissing off someone.  Karma finds everyone eventually.

So brake checking at high speeds and purposely boxing someone in to win a penis measuring contest isn't reckless? I'll disagree. 

• Agree 2

Just out of curiosity, what is the speed limit on that stretch of road, and about how fast were they going during this video? Does anyone know?

I don't know, and I can't tell.

I ask because I see this game all the time going out to PA on 80. And one differentiator is how fast are we going.

4 hours ago, 45Doll said:

Just out of curiosity, what is the speed limit on that stretch of road, and about how fast were they going during this video? Does anyone know?

I don't know, and I can't tell.

I ask because I see this game all the time going out to PA on 80. And one differentiator is how fast are we going.

55mph.

image.thumb.png.0e137c867c2261089aa26e1b6b34119c.png

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

55mph.

Well duh. I see the drivers had my rapt attention.

Anyway, my point would be if someone isn't even doing the limit and won't get over, that's participation in bad driving.

I don't know how fast this crowd was going. If I'm driving and aware that two or more guys are duking it out like this, I make sure I'm in the slow lane and I slow down until they all go by.

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, Sota said:

at least everyone is using the correct gender pronouns.

Mostly.  In this thread, the driver was called an ass, ass hat, asshole, jerk, idiot, Dumb F and probably a few other names, most used repeatedly.  Those are gender neutral.  Good Job!

But jerkoff and dick were also used, so some of you are still making unsupported assumptions about what gender the driver might identify with.   Off to the indoctrination camps with you!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, 10X said:

Mostly.  In this thread, the driver was called an ass, ass hat, asshole, jerk, idiot, Dumb F and probably a few other names, most used repeatedly.  Those are gender neutral.  Good Job!

But jerkoff and dick were also used, so some of you are still making unsupported assumptions about what gender the driver might identify with.   Off to the indoctrination camps with you!

Seems only the driver was cited.

https://nypost.com/2022/02/04/police-release-details-in-viral-palisades-parkway-ny-road-rage-video/amp/

It's kind of like gun safety: even if you slip on one rule, the others work to protect you.

Even if one person dries recklessly, the defensive driving of others can prevent tragedy.

If just one of them gave up there would be no crash. Personally, if someone is trying to cut me off I just let them go for it.

Also I think the driver recording is wayyyy too comfortable that close to the action... 

At least in the end, nobody was hurt too much beyond pride.