Tom A

how to figure out what my gun is worth

I have a beretta 92fs inox with "united we stand engraved on it as well as an American flag".  I was trying to look around but couldn't find much information about it.  Especially anything current.  Any advise on how to figure out what it is worth and what I could sell it for is appreciated.  

Thank you 

Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 9.57.09 PM.png

14 hours ago, Tom A said:

How did you come up with that amount?

First, I own a 92FS Inox Ghost without the engraving.  Second, I looked around different sites to see what they were selling for. Third, I looked in the Gun Traders Guide book from a couple years ago and they list the engraved model you have at the same price as the non engraved that I own and I know what I paid three years ago for mine.

At least tree fiddy. 

South park references aside, it's not worth $800. 

People generally prefer to not have giant roll marks or bulk engraved stuff. But even assuming nobody cares and it's equally desirable to the non engraved version, they aren't selling for $800. 

What is getting bids on gunbroker are the auctions starting at ~$500 with no reserve. Most every buy it now is $749, and the bulk of completed items are buy it now's that timed out. There are a bunch of $500 auctions ending with one bid, no reserve. Auctions with a $735 opening bid, no reserve have zero bids. 

Go back more than a month you can find a couple closing a bit over $700 that look legit. The ones over $800 you can look at the buyers comments. They are shills or trolls, not actual transactions. 

So my take is retail is $735 for new. Market is about $700 for new. The used market is willing to pay between $500 and $600 + shipping and transfer. 

Selling to a store you might get offered $250 as typical offer is about 50% of what they know they can sell it for quickly. A NJ resident can go click buy it now at $735 and pay about $100 for shipping and transfer. But they can also just spam $550 offerings on no reserve auctions and probably get one and add the $100 to that. 

So I'd say $250 if you need to get it sold now. $550 with a little patience, especially if willing to ship it (heck if you will so the dance to ship it to an out of state FFL, a buy it now of $550 might go fast). $625 with a lot of patience. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, raz-0 said:

At least tree fiddy. 

South park references aside, it's not worth $800. 

People generally prefer to not have giant roll marks or bulk engraved stuff. But even assuming nobody cares and it's equally desirable to the non engraved version, they aren't selling for $800. 

What is getting bids on gunbroker are the auctions starting at ~$500 with no reserve. Most every buy it now is $749, and the bulk of completed items are buy it now's that timed out. There are a bunch of $500 auctions ending with one bid, no reserve. Auctions with a $735 opening bid, no reserve have zero bids. 

Go back more than a month you can find a couple closing a bit over $700 that look legit. The ones over $800 you can look at the buyers comments. They are shills or trolls, not actual transactions. 

So my take is retail is $735 for new. Market is about $700 for new. The used market is willing to pay between $500 and $600 + shipping and transfer. 

Selling to a store you might get offered $250 as typical offer is about 50% of what they know they can sell it for quickly. A NJ resident can go click buy it now at $735 and pay about $100 for shipping and transfer. But they can also just spam $550 offerings on no reserve auctions and probably get one and add the $100 to that. 

So I'd say $250 if you need to get it sold now. $550 with a little patience, especially if willing to ship it (heck if you will so the dance to ship it to an out of state FFL, a buy it now of $550 might go fast). $625 with a lot of patience. 

spot on imho.  I hate those giant roll marks or anything extra on handguns etc..  These I could live with because it's USA but still.  I also do not use Gunbroker as that is like using Mecum to value your classic car lol.  Plenty of sites to go to and see what is selling and where.  I have 3 permits coming in so have been looking for 'what do I want for my other 2'.  Plenty of info out there, you just need to research it a little.

I'm going to say 600 and under