124gr9mm

Shoot faster - video

I always enjoy watching people in action who are REALLY good at something.

In this case, it's a guy who obviously has put many thousands of rounds downrange.  I can't imagine what the cost of ammo would be for me to get near his level, so i'll stick with my slow and steady pace.

Also VERY funny @ the 10:40 mark when Mojo runs out of pistol ammo and grabs the other guy's Sig mag...even though he's shooting a Glock:

• Like 1

That’s fun and those two guys are good dudes that out out good info.

A practical problem with shooting that fast is that it is faster than your brain can recognize that you should no longer be shooting.

Jared Reston talks about this following a shooting where he fired three rounds faster than he could stop when he knew rounds 2 and 3 were going to miss.

He says it better than me:

Jared is an awesome guy. If you don’t know who he is:

49 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

A practical problem with shooting that fast is that it is faster than your brain can recognize that you should no longer be shooting.

Agree.

For me there was a progression that went something like hitting the broad side of a barn, to getting groups on target, to calling shots, and then to speeding things up.  Getting into action shooting matches helped to reinforce the fact that accuracy and control were more important that speed.

I have no desire to shoot as fast as the guys in the video, but I still practice to shoot to be able to shoot "fast" when needed for competition.

I took some measure of comfort after years of practice when instructors in two different tactical training classes told me 'You can shoot faster'.

But now I'm afraid the last two years have taken a toll on my performance. Springtime will tell.

9 hours ago, Sniper said:

Yeah, but think of all the money you've saved, by not blowing through all that expensive ammo.

Yeah, but hink of all the money you’ll have to spend now to get close to where you were before.

It is always cheaper to maintain than it is to rebuild - even It means depleting your ammo fort.

33 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

It is always cheaper to maintain than it is to rebuild - even It means depleting your ammo fort.

Depleting your ammo fort?

Haven't you guys been paying attention the last handful of years, and been stocking up, like good Boy Scouts?

11 hours ago, Sniper said:

Depleting your ammo fort?

Haven't you guys been paying attention the last handful of years, and been stocking up, like good Boy Scouts?

Right…..

And when you use some of the ammo that you have been stockpiling in order to maintain your skillset instead of using all of that ammo to rebuild degraded, diminished, or forgotten skills, and are subsequently unable to replace said ammo (either because it’s too expansive, or you can’t find it), it will deplete* the ammo fort.

* Deplete
de·plete /dəˈplēt/
from Latin de(reversal) plenus(full)
verb: 
 • use up the supply or resources of.
• diminish in number or quantity.

IaxJEA6.gif

• Haha 1