revenger

car insurance

Have USAA for both. Great, easy to deal with, very helpful. Haven't needed to use the homeowners but too much car ins use lol. But they were aces for that especially when our car was totaled out of state, very happy with settlement and overall handling.

I've been very happy with NJM for auto.  Only two claims in 20 years, but they paid fully and quickly.   Claim one occurred when my car was stolen on moving day.  They paid without blinking, on a policy that was 6 hours old.   Claim two was when I was rear-ended by a College Hunks Hauling Junk truck.  The company self-insures, which is to say they were uninsured.  NJM paid their portion of the claim, then hounded the company for almost 8 months to get my deductible reimbursed.   The only reasons I don't have homeowners through them is that they require a home visit/inspection, and we have an old garage with structural issues, and I think my reloading room would freak them out.

When we were in NJ, we had Cure for auto insurance. We were pretty happy with them. I had 2 claims, one when we hit a deer, and the other when I got hit and run with an 18 wheeler. Driver took off. 

Zero issues with paying claims and took care of everything. 

Here in Texas we have Farmers for auto and homeowners. Thinking about an umbrella policy with them too. 

I don't have USAA, but everyone I know who does says nice things about them and has been with them forever. 

I'm currently with NJM, and their homeowners rate was far better than my previous rate which was pretty good compared to people I know. (about $50 per year less than my last policy for about $80k more coverage). They also haven't bumped my wife's rates much and she seems to get rear ended at a stop light about once every three years. 

I am switching away from NJM lady gave me hard time about plowing, Then same woman gave me hard time about dropping my old truck and adding new one she did not want me to drop old truck because i did not sell it or dispose of it and yes it is up for sale my policy on those trucks for work is 5400.00 this year that is a 1100 increase. They increased my personnel truck last year by 400 and i switched that truck to a policy 450 less same coverage and this is with no accidents in 17 years i had one claim in 2004 i backed into small car that parked behind me did not see it. my home owners jump last by 400 and it is coming up in two months cant wait too see what it is this year. I have already been getting quotes 400 to 450 less than last year for home owners. Plus i pay 290.00 to be a member of NJBIA in order to have NJM ins.When i 1st joined NJBIA was 150.00 year so that was not bad they offer no other perks to me other than benefitting NJM they hold seminars for business none that pertain to my field  some are free and others you have to pay for. and i get 2 magazines a year on NJ business. 

something I just found out if you plan on switching,    USAA said I had to go to this "Carco" rep and have pictures and a report done by March 12th

started out as no big deal,  went to the local one and had both cars done, took about 30 min total.  about 10 or 12 days later i get an envelope in the the mail to call "urgent" scary looking message.    so I call up and find out that in NJ ( The devils armpit ) it has to be within 8 days of the new policy going into effect. so I was too fast.

So no big deal ...... I go back and explain it to the guy,   he does it again yet this time nobody seems to have it, so if USAA doesn't tell me tomorrow that it has to be done again I have to go to another place.    I feel the guy F'd it up as he didn't seem technologically savvy if you know what I mean.   

So beware,   pics and report have to be within 8 days.