Topshot56

Staccato C2 or Wilson Combat EDC X9?

Looking to make my next purchase after a promotion at work. Looking for some insight from others who have one of these or both. I can carry as an LEO and that’s why I’m going with the C2 over the P. Plus’s and minus of each and your experience, both are fantastic weapons. Thanks I’m advance!

John

27 minutes ago, Topshot56 said:

Looking to make my next purchase after a promotion at work. Looking for some insight from others who have one of these or both. I can carry as an LEO and that’s why I’m going with the C2 over the P. Plus’s and minus of each and your experience, both are fantastic weapons. Thanks I’m advance!

John

I wish I worked for a department that paid me well enough to afford a $3,000 off-duty carry gun lol

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Matthew Lutz said:

I wish I worked for a department that paid me well enough to afford a $3,000 off-duty carry gun lol

Lolol been saving up for awhile and had a deal with the wife my next purchase could be after a promotion. Been putting away a little at a time with overtime checks

If you actually get involved in a shooting, will that gun be kept in an evidence room? If so, I would rather to carry something more standard without sacrificing reliability (glock, sig, s&w, etc…)

I haven’t actually held the Wilson but I did play around with a Staccato without having the chance to actually shoot and my first impression didn’t feel like a 3k gun. 

11 minutes ago, HuntingPaper said:

If you actually get involved in a shooting, will that gun be kept in an evidence room? If so, I would rather to carry something more standard without sacrificing reliability (glock, sig, s&w, etc…)

I haven’t actually held the Wilson but I did play around with a Staccato without having the chance to actually shoot and my first impression didn’t feel like a 3k gun. 

Thanks for the advice! It’s not going to be an everyday carry just for range days and what not. I don’t want to lose it like you said. I carry a P365 or Glock 43 everyday. I’ve held the Wilson and man it fees nice haha and I’ve shot the Staccato P and loved it but just looking for anyones input who has them or shot them.

5 hours ago, Topshot56 said:

Thanks for the advice! It’s not going to be an everyday carry just for range days and what not. I don’t want to lose it like you said. I carry a P365 or Glock 43 everyday. I’ve held the Wilson and man it fees nice haha and I’ve shot the Staccato P and loved it but just looking for anyones input who has them or shot them.

I would go for the Wilson Combat. I just got the new Wilson Combat grip module for the 365XL Romeo Zero and yes "it is all that and a bag of chips" and yes, it's worth the 80 dollars with shipping. I am so impressed with how their grip module takes the Sig 365XL to the next level, I was saving up for a 1911 from nighthawk, but now I think I'll put my money on Wilson Combat.

2 hours ago, marlintag said:

I would go for the Wilson Combat. I just got the new Wilson Combat grip module for the 365XL Romeo Zero and yes "it is all that and a bag of chips" and yes, it's worth the 80 dollars with shipping. I am so impressed with how their grip module takes the Sig 365XL to the next level, I was saving up for a 1911 from nighthawk, but now I think I'll put my money on Wilson Combat.

Aweosme thanks for much. I just saw they released those I have a regular P365 with a Romeo zero. Going to have to get the Wilson Grip module for mine! I held the EDC X9 and it felt great! Shot the staccato P and that also felt great but would want the C2 for the size of EDC. Been leaning towards the Wilson Combat!

I have a C2 and really like it. It is a bit large/heavy for everyday carry (same size as G19 but weighs more). I usually carry my P365 but I just got a P320 X Compact and put a Leupold DPP on it and have been carrying it quite a bit. But to get back to your question I don't have the Wilson but the C2 I have is very well made and great to shoot. The Stacatto LEO/MIL discount is great. My C2 was a good deal with the discount. I was not comparing the 2 because the Stacatto was what I wanted. You can't go wrong with either but the Staccato costs 1/3 of the price of the Wilson but Staccato magazines cost more than Wilson mags. I am happy with my C2, it is extremely accurate and well built. You can't go wrong with either.

2 hours ago, JC_68Westy said:

I have a C2 and really like it. It is a bit large/heavy for everyday carry (same size as G19 but weighs more). I usually carry my P365 but I just got a P320 X Compact and put a Leupold DPP on it and have been carrying it quite a bit. But to get back to your question I don't have the Wilson but the C2 I have is very well made and great to shoot. The Stacatto LEO/MIL discount is great. My C2 was a good deal with the discount. I was not comparing the 2 because the Stacatto was what I wanted. You can't go wrong with either but the Staccato costs 1/3 of the price of the Wilson but Staccato magazines cost more than Wilson mags. I am happy with my C2, it is extremely accurate and well built. You can't go wrong with either.

Yea that’s what I’ve heard. The discount is great I signed up the other day and you get three extra mags and the dot plate of your choice if you get the DPO. Thank u for your input I really appreciate it. Guess it’ll come down the funds I have when I go to make the purchase lol all the reviews I’ve read say both are tack drivers 

I haven't met the wilson, but the stacatto is just the STI by a different name. At $3k they better have upped the fit and finish and fire control group. But the main gripe with the platform for NJ is the 10 round mags. The only good ones I have met are the MBX mags at $124 a pop. I have STI 10 rounders for my .40, and I stopped competing with it because they are too sketchy and at Near $700 for a set of MBXs I just finally caved and went 9mm in a p320 x-5 legion. 

The wilson 10 rounders are ~$45 and based off the walther ppq magazines. So likely a lot less headaches there. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JC_68Westy said:

The Stacatto C2 mags are gen 2 mags are $69 for the 120mm version and work perfectly. The mags are nothing like the old STI mags. The discount also applies for accessories like mags. The gun is way less than $3000.

The shorter mags with normal followers were always reasonably good. At least in .40. 9mm with spacers less so. The problem is with the 10 rounders. The pictures I'm seeing in the latest catalog seem less awful, but they also have no price and no buy button, so I guess you ahve to call them.

19 hours ago, raz-0 said:

The shorter mags with normal followers were always reasonably good. At least in .40. 9mm with spacers less so. The problem is with the 10 rounders. The pictures I'm seeing in the latest catalog seem less awful, but they also have no price and no buy button, so I guess you ahve to call them.

I have no experience with 10rd mags from them. I purchase mags right on the website.

As active duty NJSP states you can possess and use up to 17 round magazines on personal firearms and over that for department issued 

5 hours ago, JC_68Westy said:

I have no experience with 10rd mags from them. I purchase mags right on the website.

5 minutes ago, Topshot56 said:

As active duty NJSP states you can possess and use up to 17 round magazines on personal firearms and over that for department issued 

I knew about the departmental issued guns. But where in the statute is exemption form the 15 round limit. Sounds like some folks are making shit up and ignoring the law (not you in particular, referring to the administration of the state). 

the retired LEO RSO at the range that said he was "grandfathered in" to his 20round staccato mags is a different story though.  

I doubt most cops listen to the 17 round limit other than most guns don't have larger magazines anyways.  I know plenty of cops and all the ones into guns may or may not have higher capacity stuff.

On 2/8/2022 at 1:30 PM, Topshot56 said:

I think with the discount and no DPO I can get the gun with six mags for $1700 with the discount with the DPO six mags and a free red dot plate is $1900 and change.

that's a ridiculous discount.  including the cost of the 3 extra mags its like $750-800 off