LeaveNJ

Beretta 92 Elite LTT Full-Size with RDO

I’m waiting on delivery of a Langdon Tactical 92G Elite with RDO and carry bevel.  Wanted to add a Beretta 92 to my collection, as I used one in the military, and don’t currently own a Beretta handgun. I’ve got two Beretta shotguns, and like the brand.  

Anyone have one that can share their thoughts and opinions as to how you like it, and if you had any issues?

Thx!

Not my video but I saw this on Reddit:

Looks to be a nice shooter.  The LTT RDO mount looks nice and low compared to the mount on the M9A4.

I have a M9A3 and it 's an exceptional shooter.  I've fingerbanged the LTT 92's at SHOT Show 2020 and they were pretty nice.  Sure as heck isn't the same as the M9 you used in the military.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Not my video but I saw this on Reddit:

Looks to be a nice shooter.  The LTT RDO mount looks nice and low compared to the mount on the M9A4.

I have a M9A3 and it 's an exceptional shooter.  I've fingerbanged the LTT 92's at SHOT Show 2020 and they were pretty nice.  Sure as heck isn't the same as the M9 you used in the military.

I have a Trijicon SRO on order to pair with this gun.  It will definitely be an upgrade from Marines M9 that was probably used by a few hundred guys before me!  That old gun was fired, field stripped, cleaned, dropped, banged around, etc, more than most guns would ever see in a lifetime!  Still ran fine when I shot it.  Every Beretta that came off the armory truck ran like a champ, regardless of who handled it. So I’m hoping for slightly better performance from the new LTT.  :)

5 minutes ago, LeaveNJ said:

Where in NJ can I shoot on a range like that, and not in a competition?  Eventually, I’d like to get involved in competitive shooting.  Also, any outdoor steel target ranges?  I’m in Bergen County and will travel.  

If you get a membership to a range that allows that.  OBRPC and CJRPC can do that.  I believe Shongum as well.  Usually your best bet is to go to a USPSA match for that.

• Informative 1

25 minutes ago, LeaveNJ said:

Where in NJ can I shoot on a range like that, and not in a competition?  Eventually, I’d like to get involved in competitive shooting.  Also, any outdoor steel target ranges?  I’m in Bergen County and will travel.  

I think you'll definitely have to travel.  North Jersey is pretty bare for any kind of action shooting.

Maybe make some practice courses at home and go through them with an airsoft pistol.  Do LOTS of practice drawing from your holster too.  Then sign up for some USPSA matches and learn as you go... 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lawnmower2021 said:

Beretta pistols are great. Though be aware that there is a worldwide Beretta parts shortage, so don't break anything ;)

I was thinking ahead and purchased/received some spare parts already from Langdon.  I always try to buy common spare parts and springs with my guns, and keep them in bags for each gun.  When I eventually hand my guns down, at least there will be some parts to start with should there be a problem.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LeaveNJ said:

Former Bergenite here. For passive plate plinking Cherry Ridge has (or had, been 2 yrs since been there) the Pistol range with plates at 35 (?) Yds, rifle at 100 yds and the rimfire range is all plates. But no action fire at CR.

• Thanks 1

Just a follow up to my original post in this thread.  I received my LTT 92G Elite RDO and really like it.  However, not fond of the black front sight.   Just too hard for my aging eyes to pick up on dark bullseye targets.  Mounted a Trijicon SRO on it, and that is much, much better.  Also picked up a US Duty Gear Kydex holster for it for range use.