Jump to content
Shortfuse

If Braces are Banned

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Redipski said:

I'd like for someone to explain with some level of rationality that a stock on a rifle has to be pinned to prevent "concealment" or it's illegal, but if it's pinned in the shortest position, it's ok.

You are new here, maybe a new gun owner too, so you may not know.

There is no point trying to apply logic to anti-gun laws. None was used in writing them. If you try, you will only give yourself a headache and still have crappy gun laws.

  • Agree 6
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone sent me a different video from this attorney earlier covering “constructive intent” that I linked to in another thread under the “National Gun Law Discussion” heading. Following that video, I found this one by the same individual. It’s pretty good and gives some good info:

He is based out of Wisconsin, so it doesn’t really touch on NJ, but covers the federal stuff pretty well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2023 at 11:19 PM, Mr.Stu said:

You are new here, maybe a new gun owner too, so you may not know.

There is no point trying to apply logic to anti-gun laws. None was used in writing them. If you try, you will only give yourself a headache and still have crappy gun laws.

especially those here in nj.

 

 also, he needs to remember. laws are much like locks...they're just for honest people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously, it's stupid and makes no sense - was more directed to the brainiacs that come up with this nonsense, should have clarified better. Also totally aware that 99% of firearm restrictions have zero impact on criminals gun possession. There should be stiff mandatory minimums for illegal firearm possession - excluded person with a gun - 10 years, felon in possession during the commission of a crime 25 no parole one the gun charge alone. It would be a step in the right direction, except the liberal judges & and bail reform BS would just let them out anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Redipski said:

Obviously, it's stupid and makes no sense - was more directed to the brainiacs that come up with this nonsense, should have clarified better. Also totally aware that 99% of firearm restrictions have zero impact on criminals gun possession. There should be stiff mandatory minimums for illegal firearm possession - excluded person with a gun - 10 years, felon in possession during the commission of a crime 25 no parole one the gun charge alone. It would be a step in the right direction, except the liberal judges & and bail reform BS would just let them out anyway.

we don't need to make any more laws. there's too many on the books now. we need to just keep the bad guys in jail.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2023 at 11:20 AM, 1LtCAP said:

we don't need to make any more laws. there's too many on the books now. we need to just keep the bad guys in jail.

The goal is to make the law abiding gun people into the ‘bad guys’…

  • Agree 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Armed Scholar, who as many of you know, has a Youtube channel and has posted several videos related to the brace rule; also has a PODCAST by the same name.  I just listened to his new podcast which focuses on the brace rule and runs over one hour.  Very informative and worth listening to.  In particular, he gives his insights into the topic of buffer tubes and surface area.  (around 38:00 - 45:00)

One implication is that even if we could just remove the brace and be good to go, the fact that our ""rifle" style buffer tube has adjustable notches (as opposed to a completely round "pistol" buffer tube) COULD still be problematic.  Just an additional thing to keep in mind as things develop and evolve over the coming several months. 

p.s. I use the "Overcast" app on my iPhone to listen to podcasts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those of you with Troy A4 Other firearms, recommend you follow the Facebook page of Techops International, the distributor of the Troy A4 Other here in NJ.  A link to their Facebook page is below.  I spoke with one of their representatives this afternoon regarding the implications of the ATF Brace rule.  I don't think the ATF Rule has been posted into the Federal Register yet.  So things are still subject to change and are in a state of flux.   

However, with that said, Techops and Troy themselves are in close collaboration concerning the brace rule and its various potential impacts.   I came away feeling quite reassured that they will be offering us various modification options/kits that will enable us to retain our Others and remain legal.   I don't want to elaborate and speak for them.  Let's see what they officially communicate over the coming  days and weeks. 

https://www.facebook.com/techopsintl

  • Informative 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Porthole said:

With all the BS going on with this it sure doesn't help that one of the criminals in a recent police shooting had a AR pistol with a drum mag on it.

No drum mags are illegal and all the laws we passed prevented the disenfranchised person from having one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...