Displaced Texan

New gun day!

I have always wanted one, and now that I don’t live in the Peoples Republic of New Jersey, I was finally able to indulge. Thanks to @PK90, I was able to do this. Thanks Paul!!! 

New Steyr AUG, NATO version. In the short run, it will wear an ACOG, but eventually I’ll pop a red dot on this thing. 

Now, to sneak this past Mrs Tex….

93246062-4387-45B8-8A14-ECC9542104DA.jpeg

• Like 4

With TA-31F. 

Sling situation will need some working out. The rear swivel is not a QD. Gonna have to get a different sling, as all mine have QD points. 

This thing is short! 28” OAL with 16” barrel. 

8E8CCC37-DD16-428B-B6AB-A5670A9F9CCE.jpeg

3 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

New Steyr AUG, NATO version. In the short run, it will wear an ACOG, but eventually I’ll pop a red dot on this thing. 

Nice!

The great outdoor humorist Patrick McManus wrote an article titled "Gunrunning" on how best to sneak new guns into the house without spousal disapproval.  I can't find it online, but a couple of pages of it can be found here:  Gunrunning

• Haha 1

I come in through the garage, leave it on my gun bench and she's none the wiser.  It's a pretty simple affair, 'nah I was just working on that one'  lol

6 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

I have always wanted one, and now that I don’t live in the Peoples Republic of New Jersey, I was finally able to indulge. Thanks to @PK90, I was able to do this. Thanks Paul!!! 

93246062-4387-45B8-8A14-ECC9542104DA.jpeg

looks great but don't even get me started on NJ.  I bought an estonian and need to cut the bayo lug.  fking retarded

1 hour ago, RUTGERS95 said:

looks great but don't even get me started on NJ.  I bought an estonian and need to cut the bayo lug.  fking retarded

Because the PRNJ has so many bayonet killings…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I always wanted one too. I grabbed an MSAR from a member here. Love it.

If you can find one, the Steyr USR is NJ legal and can be made AUG stock correct.

I was looking forward to the Australian AUG A3 clone that was supposed to be imported, as it too would have been NJ legal, but they decided not to bring it here for some reason…..