sgtdave4321

Fortis Muzzle Devices

It basically a three chamber bennie cooley brake with slightly more stout construction in some spots. The red is not abusively loud. 

If you want the most effective brake, the SJC titan still rules the roost. It's pretty loud an obnoxious, but it works great. 

The M4-72 is also a decent brake that performs similarly to the BC, but is FREAKING LOUD. The lantac dragon is not garbage, but not as good as the M4-72 and basically as loud. If you are going to suffer the noise and spend the money, go SJC titan. 

Absolute best bang for the buck IMO is the venom defense viper 2 chamber brake. It's as effective if not a bit more than the Bennie Cooley, and is very light weight and cheap when on sale. (currently $12.99, normally $30) I have them on my gun. I Also have a hammerhead brake which is no longer made, and is like a 2 chamber version of the SJC. Very effective, but the design is harder to machine and loses more performance more rapidly due to erosion.  But the venom is effective and not horrifically blasty. IMO one of the best all arounders out there for weight, sound, effectiveness, and price. It's a fairly short list of things that will beat it in any given category, and when on sale, I haven't seen anything to beat the price. 

Whatever you do, since it has to be pinned, make sure the design has the muzzle accessible to solvents. Carbon build up in a high pressure chamber design will eventually negatively impact accuracy. The Venom is exceptionally good in that regard. The BC and RED are pretty decent as well. 

The miculeck brake is also cheap and effective, but frikin loud for the performance, and the two piece design is a PITA to permanently attach. 

The truth about guns muzzle break shootouts are reasonable comparisons of brakes. Not 100% spot on, but relative performance for them is about right give or take a few places in finishing.  I linked #3 which has links to 1 and 2 at the top. 

For a point of reference, I have instlled the rianier arms mini comp from their first go round, and it is absolute trash. 

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/ar-15-muzzle-brake-shootout-3/