revenger

dropping off at newark airport

If you have Android maps GPS,  type in Newark Airport terminal c and it will guide you there. That's how I do it.  

There's signs everywhere though, just take it slow and I think you'll be good. 

As far as rules, the right two lines are usually to unload passengers. The left and sometimes both left are for passing leaving cars. 

Dropping off vs p/u is easy, no waiting. Just go slow, follow signs and don't get parking signs mixed up for the terminal signs. Also be aware that there sometimes are long lines going  to pickup at other terminals so don't get stuck on those. Also if you somehow miss C the road has a loop around the terminals to go at it again. 

Departures is also a good pickup spot as long as no one has heavy or bulky checked luggage. The pickup level approach ramp is usually blocked with waiting cars. 

When dropping off I usually use whichever of level 2 or 3 has the shorter line as long as I'm not checking bags.

• Agree 3

-EWR is a mess, but it’s better than LaGuardia and JFK. 
-Don’t leave your car unattended. If you want to take someone inside, you need short term parking. 
-Departures shouldn’t be that bad. Arrivals is typically the pain in the ass. 
-As long as there’s an open spot you’re fine.

• FacePalm 1

it sucked,

drop off in the short term parking,   no parking available, people parking everywhere could barely fit through.

pick up was even worse,  had to go for 11:30 pm pick up,   roads around arrivals closed gigantic cluster F ,   even worse was trying to explain to my wife where to meet me.

never again. 

Last few times I've done this, I've actually had flights for Harrisburg PA. What an amazing experience. Yes the ride is longer, but it's a nice country drive. No congestion parking. Airport isn't packed. I loved it. I hate going into EWR, if I do have to, I go to short term parking if I have to pick someone up. 

2 hours ago, revenger said:

it sucked,

drop off in the short term parking,   no parking available, people parking everywhere could barely fit through.

pick up was even worse,  had to go for 11:30 pm pick up,   roads around arrivals closed gigantic cluster F ,   even worse was trying to explain to my wife where to meet me.

never again. 

Departures I always just drop off at the departures side.  I'm sure the short term parking is insane...  

Pickup - I actually generally tell people to go up to the Departures side - it's a LOT less congested, but if you need to go to the arrivals side - have them wait by a pillar and tell you what number.  Makes it a lot easier.