ESB

Prep for Russia Ukraine backlash

8 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

question on potassium iodide? does it have to be tablets? what about crystals or powder? i found one available by 28 this month b ut it says dietary supplement?

8 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

starts around the 2 min mark for options

10 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

Holy crap!  I can't believe there is a run on this stuff! There will be NO nukes headed for Jersey! If WWIII starts and the nukes were to fly, no pill is going save anyone!

If there's a nuclear detonation anywhere on the planet the radioactive elements/ash are propelled into the upper atmosphere. Where they go from there depends on wind and weather. For my purposes potassium iodide would be no protection at all from a 'local' nuclear blast. They are useful if fallout starts arriving from a blast (or blasts) somewhere else. Much like what happened in eastern Europe and Scandanavia after Chernobyl.

Fun fact: to find a human body that does not have radioactive trace elements (origin nuclear detonation) in its bones, you have to exhume one that was buried before 1946. After that year, every body has acquired trace elements. Including ours.

21 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

Except for when the radiation gets into the wind.

DING DING we have a winner, regardless of what these jagoffs do. even over  there.  The winds blowing around the earth, even if they stop there who wants cancer in 2 years anyway. So yes i will choke down some iodine if I  have too.

what kills me is only the rich old men and generals think a nuke war can be won. usually by striking first, no winners here. better idea let the powers that think this particular war is a great idea, get into a ring and duke it out b4 men have to die.

War there is a time and place but I am not so sure this is the one to throw all the aces down.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, 70gto said:

DING DING we have a winner, regardless of what these jagoffs do. even over  there.  The winds blowing around the earth, even if they stop there who wants cancer in 2 years anyway. So yes i will choke down some iodine if I  have too.

Two years?  After a nuclear war?  In this area you'll be lucky to last two months.  Just sayin'.

Unless you are a person of substantial means, there is little prepping for armageddon and the apocalypse.  Not that I think it will ever come to that.  I hope.

• Agree 1

Prep for the Great Reset!  This is all a deadly distraction just like the deadly bat flu and the deadly and/or lack of treatment of it.

NJ nuclear targets from the NY Times (1985. Reagan-era. Remember how Reagan was going to start WW3? Not defeat the Soviet Union without firing a shot. Yeah, right!)

https://www.nytimes.com/1985/11/24/nyregion/experts-list-potential-targets-for-bombing-in-nuclear-war.html

Fort Monmouth hasn't been active for years -- but the blast radius from other targets like Earle overlaps. Other than the extreme northwestern corner of the state, the Pine Barrens and Cape May, the state looks pretty bad.

Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 7.31.15 AM.png

"The FDA recommends that young adults (between the ages of 18 and 40 years) internally contaminated with (or likely to be internally contaminated with) radioactive iodine take the recommended dose of KI (potassium iodide). Young adults are less sensitive to the effects of radioactive iodine than are children."

https://www.cdc.gov/nceh/radiation/emergencies/ki.htm

Potassium iodide (KI) only prevents thyroid cancer, the most curable tumor.  It's  available OTC.  It frequently causes allergic reactions.  I am a pharmacist with advanced training, and practiced for many years,  mostly as a cancer researcher.  I volunteer as a first responder with my County Medical Reserve Corps and have taken FEMA  trainings on nuclear events.  New Jersey (and FEMA) are as well-prepared as possible, have stockpiled KI which would available.  If you want to have it in advance, I would not use powder or crystals since doses are low and hard to measure.  

For a lot more information see https://www.fda.gov/drugs/bioterrorism-and-drug-preparedness/radiation-emergencies

• Informative 2

2 hours ago, CAL. .30 M1 said:

Buy all pills you want...if a full exchange happens ...there is nothing left to live for...

If it comes to that, I'm going to take LSD. Never tried it, but, end of the world seems as good a time as any.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

If it comes to that, I'm going to take LSD. Never tried it, but, end of the world seems as good a time as any.

Been there in the 70S lots of fun back then!! LOL.

• Haha 1
  • Crazy 1

doubtful he ordered it. they said they're not gonna speculate....that'd tell me muslim terrorists, or ukrainain team hit it to fook with russias income stream, and in the case of the terrorists.....if they just did that, they fooked up nearly all of europe.

• Like 1

Not out of the question.

U.S. Blew Up Russian Gas Pipelines Nord Stream 1 & 2, Says Former Polish Defense Minister | ZeroHedge

There's a cabal in D.C. that really wants to get a war going. And Biden's their puppet. Listen to his clip.

4 hours ago, 45Doll said:

Not out of the question.

U.S. Blew Up Russian Gas Pipelines Nord Stream 1 & 2, Says Former Polish Defense Minister | ZeroHedge

There's a cabal in D.C. that really wants to get a war going. And Biden's their puppet. Listen to his clip.

On Tucker Carlson’s show tonight this was the lead story, in particular the notion that the Biden Admin may be responsible.

10 hours ago, oldguysrule649 said:

On Tucker Carlson’s show tonight this was the lead story, in particular the notion that the Biden Admin may be responsible.

it reminded me of one of those movies where the suspected killer had wrote a book about a fictional murder plot and then it happens…

biden on the other hand isn’t smart enough to accomplish anything but his handlers are definitely on track to engage us in a nuclear war. then biden and his spawn will be sitting safely in a bunker while the rest of us get vaporized...

1 hour ago, 1LtCAP said:

problem with the possibility of us having done this.....we just became the bad guys. the terrorists.

How would you characterize a large organization whose agents show up around dawn with 20+ people in armored vehicles with full auto weapons drawn to arrest multiple individuals still in their pajamas, or in front of their children? Oh, and sometimes they even alert specific media to ensure coverage of their 'event'.

And those arrested are always in opposition to the organizations command structure and policies.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

problem with the possibility of us having done this.....we just became the bad guys. the terrorists.

There's one reason why you would do this if you are the US. To Increase the price of natural gas and make a profit. The answer is to saying that's not a good explanation would naturally be... but greedy bankers!!!!

There's about a hundred reasons you wouldn't do this if you are the US. The least of it is losing the midterms and presidency as inflation and fuel prices become the number one issue for voters. In there you also have the issue that it keeps inflation high. Which means even more interest rate hikes past the ~5% total the fed has been hinting at. These would be very bad for banker types, and they generally like having a predictable number to plan around even if that number is undesirable as an absolute. Another is that it strengthens Russia's negotiating position. 

For Russia, you get plausible deniability while increasing your non-nuclear options for forcing capitulation of NATO countries and crushing Ukrainian resistance by killing their support. Nobody will believe it, but they won't be able to prove anything sufficiently to justify escalation.  This is the least stupid scenario, but it's still kind of stupid. 

The issue here is that we don't trust that are government isn't run by evil morons.