Lawnmower2021

Prefer iron sights or optics right away?

I bought the Mete SFX, shot it very well on two range days before adding a Holosun 407K V2 green optic. Struggling to get used to the new sight, actually turned it off for my 2nd box that day. I like the sight picture so I hope I can master it as well as my irons. 

As is usually the case the answer lies with what you want to do with the pistol.

If it is just for casual fun at the range - do whatever you like.

If it is for competition - check the match rules to see if there is a division for optics and whether that's what you want to compete in.

If it is for staging at home for defense - consider the battery life of the optic, whether one brightness will work for any time of the day or night including if you're using a WML or flashlight.

If it is for carrying in free America - can you get a holster that will accommodate the sight & will such a holster meet your needs for concealability, reachability and comfort?

If it is for all of the above - you have a lot of thinking to do.

1 hour ago, ShootersShooter said:

I bought the Mete SFX. 

Nice, me too :)

40 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

As is usually the case the answer lies with what you want to do with the pistol.

If it is just for casual fun at the range...

If it is for staging at home for defense...

It's these two. I have a flashlight on it now, so I could at least experiment and see if the red dot is clear with the flashlight or during daytime indoors.

I have a holographic sight on a rifle and the target acquisition is just so much better. I'm hoping the red dot will be similar.

1 hour ago, Lawnmower2021 said:

Nice, me too :)

It's these two. I have a flashlight on it now, so I could at least experiment and see if the red dot is clear with the flashlight or during daytime indoors.

I have a holographic sight on a rifle and the target acquisition is just so much better. I'm hoping the red dot will be similar.

I have a delta point pro on a Walther PDP with a light, the DPP dot is clear and visible for me in the pitch dark when I turn the light on.

My eyes are also bad, the DPP cleans up the dot very well for me, my primary arms red dot on my wife's rifle looks like two exploding dots when I use it.

On 3/2/2022 at 1:16 PM, ShootersShooter said:

I bought the Mete SFX, shot it very well on two range days before adding a Holosun 407K V2 green optic. Struggling to get used to the new sight, actually turned it off for my 2nd box that day. I like the sight picture so I hope I can master it as well as my irons. 

So I was just about to put a Holosun 407K on my Mete SFX when I realized... the two plates it comes with don't fit. :D Could I ask which plate you ended up using for it?