45Doll

Full Auto BB Gun Suggestion

I think this topic belongs here. If not mods, feel free to move it.

Does anyone on this forum have enough familiarity or experience with full auto BB guns to make a recommendation? I have none.

Our daughter in PA is looking to buy one for a present and asked me for my opinion. So I'm inquiring here, in addition to searching and reading online.

I had one as a kid back in the late 80's before NJ AWB went into effect.

Wouldn't recommend it (I doubt it's still produced) as it was basically a pressure-vessel with a valve, grip and barrel attached.  Fill with BB's, attach air compressor hose, pull "trigger" (really opened a valve to pressurize the chamber) and it started spitting BB's out the barrel.

A useful piece of advice I CAN offer - if what you end up with has a "magazine" that is essentially just a tank to pour bb's into, add a pinch of dry graphite powder for lube.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DirtyDigz said:

Wouldn't recommend it (I doubt it's still produced) as it was basically a pressure-vessel with a valve, grip and barrel attached.  Fill with BB's, attach air compressor hose, pull "trigger" (really opened a valve to pressurize the chamber) and it started spitting BB's out the barrel.

You probably had a LARC M19 Annihilator! Those used Freon cannisters. Things have come a long way since then. 

image.thumb.png.f1e96040441240d0b38924d0099dc503.png

• Informative 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, sgtdave4321 said:

The umarex ones are pretty good. My friend in PA had a umarex MP4O that was awesome.

There is a YouTube video of the Umarex MP 40. I held one at a shop in NY and if I see one up there again I'm buying it.

Thanks guys. Keep the info coming. As it happens, I went to the Umarex website and up popped their MP5 PDW. It's semi-auto, but that was OK with me. So I ordered the last one. (Shipped to PA of course.) I don't need full auto. But damn that's a bargain compared to the SP5-K. And it's just for fun.

If my moniker wasn't 45Doll, it would have been HKDoll.