Redeye65

Upgrading the trigger on MP 15-22

Has anyone upgraded their trigger on the 15-22?

If you have, what trigger did you go with?

What is the pull weight of the trigger?

It’s for the wife’s rifle, she wouldn’t know the difference from a $90 to a $300 trigger, from what I’m reading, Rise Armament gets some high praise and it seems 3.5lbs-4lbs seems to be the sweet spot to avoid ignition issues.

She likes the trigger on my Wilson AR but that would run me $190 plus shipping, looking to be in the $100 range. Drop in with anti walk pins would be preferred.

Thanks

I use Larue’s 2 stage trigger in mine with the standard 4.5 pound spring. Works perfect. Never had any issues with light strikes or resets. You will want to use trigger pins from a Colt 901 as the 15-22 receiver is slightly thicker than a standard ar receiver. 

• Informative 1

I’ve never bothered with anti rotation pins. You can certainly use the pins that came with the rifle. The 901 pins fit better in the receiver and they aren’t much money. Definitely looks better and gives the pin more meat to put pressure on. 

9 hours ago, SRT392 said:

Stock pins and trigger.

B16E7C96-E5C2-4F5F-BB90-2C587C1C57B6.jpeg

Geissele 901 pins and Larue trigger. I also highly recommend Radian Talon selectors while your in there. 

C73C2672-6F60-486E-AAEF-59A8CBA36AE7.jpeg

Ordered the pins and Larue trigger, the trigger had no bad reviews. The rifle is a great little gun! Except for that awful trigger, the wife likes my Wilson trigger so she should be very happy with this upgrade. And all in for $120 I’m happy. Thanks

On 3/3/2022 at 10:35 AM, SRT392 said:

I use Larue’s 2 stage trigger in mine with the standard 4.5 pound spring. Works perfect. Never had any issues with light strikes or resets. You will want to use trigger pins from a Colt 901 as the 15-22 receiver is slightly thicker than a standard ar receiver. 

The Larue 2 stage trigger arrived Thursday, installed Saturday, took it to the range today. Ran 200 rounds not a single hiccup with 3 different brands of ammo, grouping’s tightened up to 1 moa. The wife shot 150 of those rounds, even got a thank you from her.

The new trigger totally transformed the shooting experience with the rifle to a, pleasure to shoot.

At $100 it is exactly what I was looking for, installation took a few minutes.

Thanks for the recommendation SRT392.

I’m glad you’re enjoying the trigger, can’t beat them for the price. That trigger even touches off rock hard 7.62x39 primers without having to use an 87 pound hammer spring. Try the Radian selectors and charging handle next. 

On 3/13/2022 at 6:32 PM, Redeye65 said:

I have been on the notify list for the combo handle/safety package for what seems to be forever.

Radian has blems on sale…..

https://www.radianweapons.com/en/category/blem/1207160?ct=t(EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_12_6_2021_16_6_COPY_01)&goal=0_d67fed13af-1efb49a91a-80424685&mc_cid=1efb49a91a&mc_eid=c077e56c5b

10 minutes ago, My1stGlock said:

I saw that, it doesn't list it as for the M&P 15-22, also the M&P 15-22 charging handle isn't listed on their web page.

I sent an email to inquire if the charging handle would be in stock, never got a response back, been a few weeks now.

2 hours ago, Redeye65 said:

LOL, just called and was able to get them on the phone, the Blem listed is in fact not for the 15-22, and he also stated, they have decided to discontinue the 15-22 charging handle.

Bummer. Guess not enough demand for the .22lr models.