Ulfhednar15@

Call off the search- I found it!

Hey all, just wanted to share.  For a while now I've been searching for a S&W 686 with a 5 inch barrel and a fluted cylinder.   This proved to be difficult, but the quest is over!  Here is my new to me 686 sporting a 5 inch barrel, fluted cylinder, and Hi-Viz sights.  It's the plus model, so she's a 7 shot.  And, icing on the cake, she's PRE-LOCK!  

I may swap our the grips.  Any recommendations?

Enjoy!

20220304_171833.jpg

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, Old Glock guy said:

While I only own one revolver, there is something esthetically pleasing about them, and that one is a beauty.  Good luck with it!

What is "pre-lock"?

Maybe referring to the in-frame, key-locking feature you would see over the cylinder release.

Congrats, that's gorgeous. Love S&W revolvers :)  

"Maybe referring to the in-frame, key-locking feature you would see over the cylinder release"

Yup!  That's exactly what pre-lock means.  It is more desirable (to some people like me) to have ones without the lock.

"Congrats, that's gorgeous. Love S&W revolvers :)  "

Thanks all!  I have to clean and polish her up a little, but its a nice revolver.   Trigger is smooth and clean.  Look forward to getting it out to the range!