silverado427

Price of gas

Now let's see the chart showing the value of a dollar in the same years.

That way you'll know how much you've lost since then in the value of everything you own priced in U.S. dollars. :icon_cry:

1 hour ago, 45Doll said:

Now let's see the chart showing the value of a dollar in the same years.

That way you'll know how much you've lost since then in the value of everything you own priced in U.S. dollars. :icon_cry:

I saw a chart recently that compared the dollar in 2000 to now. $1 is now worth .59 cents.

Just now, Tom609 said:

I saw a chart recently that compared the dollar in 2000 to now. $1 is now worth .59 cents.

Yes, that was my post too. If we look back to 1913 and the creation of the Federal Reserve, the 1913 dollar is now worth just about a nickel. The gas article only went back to 1937.

15 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

they're suggesting locking gas caps.....dumb idea. if they want the gas outta your car, they're gonna siphon it or punch a hole in your tank. better to lose a couple hundred in gas than a nearly 1k fuel tank.......

Gas is the new cat converter?

1 minute ago, CMJeepster said:

Gas is the new cat converter?

it was last time gas was this high. people were punching holes in gas tanks. we had one of our CAP vans hit, but thankfully they only siphoned....so we just lost about 40 gallons.

golly.....who was prezident when this happened last time? it escapes me........