silverado427

Price of gas

17 minutes ago, 10X said:

If Tucker was trying to weave those into some kind of conspiracy, I'm disappointed in him.

Did I say he was making it a conspiracy theory? He was just pointing out the strange trend.  if you like paying more for fuel, food, building materials,  the border invasion topped off by sending $40 Billion to Ukraine then carry on.

3 minutes ago, FXDX said:

Did I say he was making it a conspiracy theory? He was just pointing out the strange trend.  if you like paying more for fuel, food, building materials,  the border invasion topped off by sending $40 Billion to Ukraine then carry on.

No, you did not.  Though I'm sure by now some have.  :wacko:

Since I didn't see his broadcast, I was wondering why he would have brought it up, since the crashes had no affect on one plant, and missed the other entirely.  

I mourn the tragic loss of three pilots.

31 minutes ago, 10X said:

Since I didn't see his broadcast, I was wondering why he would have brought it up, since the crashes had no affect on one plant, and missed the other entirely.  

Can’t speak for their programming choices. However given the fact living cost are spiking with no end in sight while baby formula two weeks ago was like finding hen’s teeth unless you were an illegal maybe Tucker's  staff thought it be a good idea to mention this with the looming fertilizer shortage being the next shit to hit the fan...

“There are no conspiracies but there are also no coincidences.” – Stephen K. Bannon

Consumption is part of the price equation, but not all.

Jun 1, 2022 Gasoline Consumption Rebounding, But Still Down Tom McClellan 321gold ...inc ...s

And lest we forget, this is all part of Brandon's 'transition plan'.

Biden's Energy Inflation Is No Accident - American Thinker

Edited by 45Doll
2nd link added.

18 hours ago, 10X said:

No, you did not.  Though I'm sure by now some have.  :wacko:

I mourn the tragic loss of three pilots.

I have seen him mention the food processing plants going offline. He always prefaces it with I'm not saying it's a conspiracy but. The statistics he put up are odd. More plants have gone offline this year for multiple unrelated reasons than in the in the previous three years combined. 

At the very least it's statically an anomaly.

I have not checked his data.

5 hours ago, brucin said:

I have seen him mention the food processing plants going offline. He always prefaces it with I'm not saying it's a conspiracy but. The statistics he put up are odd. More plants have gone offline this year for multiple unrelated reasons than in the in the previous three years combined. 

At the very least it's statically an anomaly.

I have not checked his data.

I think there's been at least 15 "unexplained" fires/issues/etc. at food-related facilities this year so far... Uncanny... That tinfoil hat is looking more and more tempting.

Today's Top Stories From the Breitbart News Desk

Joe Biden has apparently decided to give Saudi Arabia's leaders what they want. The question is whether he will get anything useful in return.

Saudi Arabia has been looking for better security assurances from the Biden administration and an official visit from President Biden, who promised during his campaign for the Democratic nomination to treat the Saudi leaders as "pariahs." The U.S. has been demanding more petroleum production in hopes of stemming surging oil prices that have sent gasoline to record highs.

The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries plus Russia and a few other oil producers, together now known as OPEC+, agreed to increase their collective cap on crude production by 648,000 barrels a day in July and August, up from the 432,000 barrels a day each month under their earlier agreement.

This is unlikely to bring down oil prices by very much, if at all. In the first place, the additional barrels are a fraction of the 950,000 barrels Russia has taken off the market already. Even more is likely to come off the market if Russia reacts to the European Union's agreement to ban seaborne imports of oil and refined fuel from Russia by further reducing its production.

What's more, a recent study of global oil markets by economists at the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas found that the capacity constraints of OPEC+ members were already holding production under the existing quota.

“There are several reasons this supply gap has emerged. One important explanation—and one that continues to play a role in 2022—is the inability of some OPEC+ members to increase production to take advantage of their growing quotas. These countries are bumping into capacity constraints for several reasons, including infrastructure issues and the difficulty of attracting sufficient investment to offset production declines at existing wells,” economists Lutz Kilian, Michael D. Plante, and Kunal Patel wrote in a piece published on the Dallas Fed’s website in April.

Part of the problem is the way the OPEC+ quota works. All the members get a piece of the quota equal to the percentage they reduced production when prices crashed during the pandemic. There's no mechanism for redistributing the production allowance when one or more countries fall short. So if Nigerian production declines or Russia shuts off its oil taps, the agreement does not allow the Saudis or the United Arab Emerites to step up and fill the supply gap.

Most likely, the only two countries that can quickly and sustainably ramp up production are Saudi Arabia and the UAE. As a result, any actual increase in production is likely to amount to half of the increase in the quota.

A glance at oil futures confirms that the market was unimpressed. Prior to the OPEC announcement, Brent Crude futures had fallen to $113 a barrel on the rumor that something was going to change. By the close of business on Thursday, Brent was above $118 a barrel. That is high enough to keep gasoline prices in the U.S. setting new records as summer driving increases demand and China reopens from its recent lockdowns.

Gasoline prices tend to be particularly salient in the realm of politics. They are frequently encountered by Americans driving to work, to school, or on vacation, so they have a bigger influence on economic psychology than things like used car prices. Perhaps only grocery prices have a bigger impact. And gas demand is pretty inelastic when compared to other categories of consumer goods. So when the price of gas goes up, households compensate by spending less on other goods and services.

The Saudis have scored a great diplomatic victory by winning a Biden visit and whatever other favors the administration has promised the kingdom in exchange for more oil. Unfortunately, none of this will help American motorists. Nor will it give Biden's sagging favorability ratings a boost.

Joe, send Knee Pads Harris there! She'll suck it out of them!

RCZwaWQ9QXBp

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Is anyone experiencing bad MPG recently?  I have a hunch that Speedway is "watering down" it's regular gas.  With what, I have no idea, and to be honest, I may be imagining it.  But here's the thing.  When I fill up at Wawa or Quick Check, the MPG is decent, like, normal.  I don't know the exact MPG, but I note the mileage from full to half empty.  I'm estimating a 1 to 2 mpg difference.  Speedway gas may have been crap all along and I just didn't know.

10 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

Is anyone experiencing bad MPG recently?  I have a hunch that Speedway is "watering down" it's regular gas.  With what, I have no idea, and to be honest, I may be imagining it.  But here's the thing.  When I fill up at Wawa or Quick Check, the MPG is decent, like, normal.  I don't know the exact MPG, but I note the mileage from full to half empty.  I'm estimating a 1 to 2 mpg difference.  Speedway gas may have been crap all along and I just didn't know.

Dunno, but perhaps they are using 15% ethanol while other places may still be 10%?

You know, to "save us money" while ruining older cars and small engines (coincidentally, replacing/repairing an old car or power equipment costs a lot more than that 5% ethanol "saves" us on gas prices at the pump.)

Multipe manuals specify to never run over 10% ethanol. I dunno if they are trying to prevent E85 use, or saying 5+% more ethanol could/will damage something. But I was pissed at yet another fuckup by this administration, which was barely news when announced, that will affect the poorest people who cannot afford a newer car, or those who love their old car, and could damage lots of small engines, all "coincidentally" during a push to electrify everything. How we do that to a generator is beyond me, but clearly they are smarter than all of us and know best.

12 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

I know the winter mix has always sucked for lower mileage but we’re passed that now. Speedway sounds like one of those generic no frills stations which I personally use to stay away from but there’s a Liberty by us that just came online. When gas was $3 a gallon they still had very little business but after it hit $4.00 they are busy nonstop including me. If you suspect your station is watering it down I think the State Dept of Office of Weights and Measures is the place to contact. Its probably a PIA but might be worth it for you. https://www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/OWM/Pages/default.aspx

FWIW I recently did brakes & oil change on wife’s 4 cylinder car and installed a K&S Air filter on her car and threw some Lucas Fuel injector cleaner in.  I have the K&S Air Filter on all my vehicles and have been using them for years. We took a 200 mile round trip to shore and back in her car and we broke 40.2 MPG with Liberty fuel. Put it this way like the Sammy Hagar song i don’t drive 55 , nuff said. The wife has an Excel spread sheet and prior to that the best she ever did was 38 MPG. So for the time being the no frills fuel has been OK,  Wawa has been my go-to fuel and occasionally Costco which is now done for us as per the post above.

Marine Fuel $6.76

On 6/3/2022 at 10:47 AM, FXDX said:

I know the winter mix has always sucked for lower mileage but we’re passed that now. Speedway sounds like one of those generic no frills stations which I personally use to stay away from but there’s a Liberty by us that just came online. When gas was $3 a gallon they still had very little business but after it hit $4.00 they are busy nonstop including me. If you suspect your station is watering it down I think the State Dept of Office of Weights and Measures is the place to contact. Its probably a PIA but might be worth it for you. https://www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/OWM/Pages/default.aspx

FWIW I recently did brakes & oil change on wife’s 4 cylinder car and installed a K&S Air filter on her car and threw some Lucas Fuel injector cleaner in.  I have the K&S Air Filter on all my vehicles and have been using them for years. We took a 200 mile round trip to shore and back in her car and we broke 40.2 MPG with Liberty fuel. Put it this way like the Sammy Hagar song i don’t drive 55 , nuff said. The wife has an Excel spread sheet and prior to that the best she ever did was 38 MPG. So for the time being the no frills fuel has been OK,  Wawa has been my go-to fuel and occasionally Costco which is now done for us as per the post above.

Speedway bought all the Hess Stations.

3 minutes ago, father-of-three said:

That's low these days!

The 30 cent price difference between Pennsylvania and New Jersey (at least in my area) has pretty much disappeared.

Right….but remember, I’m in central Texas now. 

8 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

Right….but remember, I’m in central Texas now. 

Ahh....

I thought that seemed too low for the garden state!

I did enjoy only paying $1.61 on the Mississippi gulf coast in summer 2020.  How things have changed in 2 years.  There were some mask requirements there, but they were smart and kept businesses open.