silverado427

Price of gas

On 6/6/2022 at 10:57 AM, silverado427 said:

$4.76 a gal  @ Costco  $4.99 @ Wawa. Today.

$4.89 at Costco in North Plainfield.    And I can confirm that they do indeed have signs out saying starting beginning July 5th that you'll need to be a Costco Member to buy gas there.

I was tempted to drive around to see how their prices compared but not while driving the 2004 6.0L V8 Yukon.  After I filled up and reset MGP dispaly it actually LOST MPGs while idling at red lights.  LOL. 

https://news.yahoo.com/costco-barring-non-members-buying-174848141.html

4 hours ago, 70gto said:

Elections have consequences, I wonder when people will realize that?

Elections have consequences, Stolen elections have catastrophic consequences. ~ Steven K. Bannon

$55.25 on Wednesday at a Wawa in Hamilton (Mercer) to fill up a Toyota puddle hopper at 4.98 a gallon.  Then to add insult to injury after pulling out of the station back on to the road I ended up in back of another Toyota with a Biden bumper sticker

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, FairbanksRusty said:

But…….but…….Russia! 

Did FJB shut down Russian refineries here in the USA?

It looks like the game is being set up so everyone can point fingers at everyone else.  It's Russia, it's closed wells, it's the refineries.

All I know is the VERY FIRST thing FJB did was shut down XL and it's been down hill ever since.

2 hours ago, 45Doll said:

I drastically cut my fuel expenses by working remotely and moving to Florida.

My fleet of vehicles gets an average 41mph.

My primary driver, a 2015 Club Car gets around 50mpg.

My secondary driver is a 2018 CRV, it gets around 28 mpg

My Tertiary ride is a 2022 Kawasaki Z900 that gets around 40mpg.   

I can't imagine what my fuel bill would have been if I was still doing 80 miles a day in commuting.  My Acura ran premium, but also got around 30mpg.  Still, averaging about 450 miles a week, is $80 in fuel at today's prices.  Right now I'm spending maybe $25/week.  Less if we drove the electric golf cart we own.

I've since been released from the company, but having no income makes life cheaper ;)

1 hour ago, Malsua said:

I've since been released from the company, but having no income makes life cheaper ;)

Good for you; I get that. I worked for a large company with offices in Bergen and Morris county. When I transferred from the one 60 minutes from our house, to the one that was 15 minutes from our house, I ended up saving the equivalent of ten weeks of vacation a year. Not to mention all the commuting costs. And of course time is the one thing you can't earn more of.

I remember probably 20 years ago (maybe more) someone did a study of nuclear families with one vs. two working parents. A lot of the families found out it was cheaper for one to quit their job (usually the one with the smaller salary) and the other stay home and raise the kids. When they quit paying all the second payroll and income taxes, gas/car/commuting expenses and the cost of child care, they ended up with more money in their pocket. Also ended up in a lower tax bracket for the remaining salary.

But most people don't really track their money carefully. I've kept track of all our expenditures in Quicken since the late 80's and I can't tell you how many surprises and good data that's provided to us to make financial decisions that work.

1 hour ago, 45Doll said:

Good for you; I get that. I worked for a large company with offices in Bergen and Morris county. When I transferred from the one 60 minutes from our house, to the one that was 15 minutes from our house, I ended up saving the equivalent of ten weeks of vacation a year. Not to mention all the commuting costs. And of course time is the one thing you can't earn more of.

I remember probably 20 years ago (maybe more) someone did a study of nuclear families with one vs. two working parents. A lot of the families found out it was cheaper for one to quit their job (usually the one with the smaller salary) and the other stay home and raise the kids. When they quit paying all the second payroll and income taxes, gas/car/commuting expenses and the cost of child care, they ended up with more money in their pocket. Also ended up in a lower tax bracket for the remaining salary.

But most people don't really track their money carefully. I've kept track of all our expenditures in Quicken since the late 80's and I can't tell you how many surprises and good data that's provided to us to make financial decisions that work.

I've done some Incident response for Ransomware and it pays very well.  80+ hours in a weeks work at $120/hour and ends start meeting like a mofo.   I'm not working with that company any more though...they went a bit sideways and being most recent in, I'm most recent gone.  No biggie.  Bought my $12000 bike with one paycheck.  

I've been spending most of my time renovating.  Installing a Mr Cool AC mini today.    Working on flooring.  I also do handyman work around here in The Villages.  Lots of old people who can't do anything, so I do it.  Pays for dinner out.

I honestly don't miss the rat race.    All I know is my electric, water and internet bills are it.  No heating bills.    

I'm not burning up a car every 5 years

I'm not burning $300+ in fuel every month.  Didn't spend $2000 heating the house over the winter.   Didn't line NJ's pockets with $8500 in property taxes.  The list goes on.

Of course, when I run out of money it's a different issue...but we'll cross that bridge later.

• Like 3

Exxon Mobil, Chevron push back on Biden blaming industry for oil prices (yahoo.com)

"ExxonMobil offered short- and long-term solutions for high oil prices in response.

The company said emergency measures “such as waivers of Jones Act provisions and some fuel specifications to increase supplies” could be used to address short term concerns. Long term policies could include “streamlined regulatory approval and support for infrastructure such as pipelines,” it suggested."

On 6/4/2022 at 9:33 AM, 45Doll said:

I'll put this here since it's really a 'fuel' thread. Anybody require DEF for their diesel truck?

The worst shortage you haven't heard of - American Thinker

Yes, I do.  I have not heard about this until now.  Just one more item to stock up on.