silverado427

Price of gas

7 hours ago, 45Doll said:

Enjoy 'lower' prices while you can. Brandon's Fist Bump has turned into a Saudi Middle Finger.

From Fist-Bump To Fisted: Oil Surges After OPEC+ Agrees On 100Kb/d Production Cut | ZeroHedge

Biden will probably blame the gas station owners and oil companies for profiting.  And why hasn't everyone bought electric cars already??? 

I got gas for $3.29 today.  I'm trying to figure out if this is more of decreased demand or more of the emptying of the strategic  oil reserves.

There was an article posted a page back about gas consumption pretty much decreasing since 2020.  However, it has been rather obvious that gas prices have not followed that pattern.

• Like 1

Lets see.  President Biden's son gets paid millions from suspect Ukrainian and Chinese oil companies, of which 10% is for The Big Guy Joe.  US oil is a competitor to these oil companies.  Biden declares war on fossil fuel in US.   

See this video for his own words on his war on US Oil.

Biden Finally Keeps Campaign Promise !!! - YouTube

27 minutes ago, GRIZ said:

Prices will remain lower until the election

If the Democrats win it will go up.  If they lose it will go up.  

Guarandamteed. In a big hurtful way too. The Biden administration will let Big Petrol have its way and use that to continue ramming their unsustainable green agenda. Lose/lose for us.

• Agree 1

On 9/23/2022 at 9:48 AM, 45Doll said:

Has your mileage varied?

Biden’s gas scam - American Thinker

Mechanics: feel free to comment.

E10 gas has been around since forever. It does have negative effects on engines but more pronounced in small engines. E15 is being rolled out but on a voluntary basis through incentives. But this pre-dates Biden by a good long time. 

E15 is not recommended for older cars (<2001 model year) or small engines like lawn mowers. It corrodes because it has more moisture content. Ethanol is hygroscopic meaning it attracts moisture. It also damages seals and gaskets. But newer vehicles can cope just fine. You’re likely to lose a transmission long before you lose an engine due to ethanol. 

www.pure-gas.org has a list of places selling ethanol free gas. Most are small airports and marinas. 

• Informative 1

The thing I hate about ethanol gas the most is that they use corn. They use corn because that’s what American farmers know how to grow best. And in doing so it drives up the price of food for us AND uses more diesel fuel to farm all that corn. 

On 10/6/2022 at 4:06 PM, silverado427 said:

$ 3.25 @ costco.

$3.03 at Sams here in Lady Lake.

Of course, my Governor enacted a gas tax Holiday, so there's that.

Every where I look, this state does things to help the people of Florida.   NJ does the opposite.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1